COVID-19, Cannabis & Herbal Medicine
COVID-19, Cannabis & Herbal Medicine:
CANNABIS CULTURE – What we know and don’t know about the current plague – and what you can do to increase your odds of survival.
“‘How about his old Bunny?’ she asked. ‘That?’ said the doctor. ‘Why, it’s a mass of scarlet fever germs!–Burn it at once. What? Nonsense! Get him a new one. He mustn’t have that any more!’”
The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams, 1922 (1)
I’m not an immunologist. In fact, I suck at science and don’t have any sort of accreditation of any kind. But I’ve adopted a boy who’s now six years old, and I have taken on certain responsibilities. Responsibilities like telling him bedtime stories like “The Velveteen Rabbit” or “The King’s Stilts” or “Rapunzel”, and looking after his health and wellbeing. I have chosen to be a responsible dad, to be able to look him in the eye and tell him I will do all I can to save him if any type of boogeyman ever comes knocking. The boogeyman, of course, is a mythical creature that eats children.
These days, the boogeyman may very well take the form of a virus. While COVID-19 – the virus that’s all the rage these days – seems to spare children from death, it also shows signs of mutating, preventing acquired immunity, being more harmful after the first infection, and possibly crashing the world economy – all of which could end up harming our children in some way. Nobody really knows how bad the situation will get, but the general consensus of healthcare professionals is that it is serious.
Every day since mid January I’ve been reading up on the exponential growth of “COVID-19” – the illness caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus – AKA SARS-CoV-2 and I’m convinced that it could end up being very deadly to humanity – not just in China, Iran and Italy, but everywhere on Earth. I’ve noticed that – at the epicenter in Wuhan, China – the authorities are overwhelmed and people are forced to fend for themselves (2) – and that due to the transmission of this virus being possible up to 27 days before symptoms appear, and due to it’s airborne transmission nature, and due to the fact that that many people left Wuhan after the epidemic spread but before the quarantine was instituted, and due to the fact that it’s now in almost every country and shows little sign of slowing down, the authorities where I live (or where you live) may one day end up being overwhelmed too.
Like I said, I’m not an accredited anything. But I am fairly good at gathering information and putting it in order, and translating things into everyday language, so that’s what I’m going to do about this boogeyman … so I can look my son in the eye and tell him I did all I could for him, in case the pandemic reaches Vancouver, BC, Canada in a big way.
The order I’m thinking of putting things in is 1) What we know and what we don’t know about the COVID-19 pandemic 2) How cannabis can help people survive, and 3) What other herbs (and other non-proprietary medicines) might help people survive. The first of the three topics is fairly broad, and has a few surprises in it, so ignore the fact that it’s a long read – you have time to kill now anyway – and read through to the end. I promise you it will be worth it.
What we know and what we don’t know about the COVID-19 pandemic
First of all, a few definitions might be helpful. What is an “epidemic”? What is an “outbreak”? And what is a “pandemic”?
- Epidemic refers to a sudden increase in the number of cases of a disease above what is normally expected.
- Outbreak carries the same definition as an epidemic but is often used to describe a more limited geographic event.
- Pandemic refers to an epidemic that has spread over several countries or continents, usually affecting a large number of people. (3)
Beginning around March 11th, 2020, the World Health Organization stopped calling COVID-19 an outbreak and began calling it a pandemic; (4) By that time it had spread to at least 115 countries and infected at least 120,000 people. On January 27th, 2020, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases stated that she believed it may soon reach “pandemic” proportions. (5) By February 11th, 2020, the illness sometimes known as the 2019 novel coronavirus illness had a new name: “COVID-19”. (6) The illness name is not to be confused with the virus name, which has now been shortened to “SARS-CoV-2”. (7)
What is a “coronavirus” – and how is the 2019 novel coronavirus – or SARS-CoV-2 -different from the other coronaviruses? The Science Alert website provides this basic definition;
“Coronaviruses are a family of viruses known for containing strains that cause potentially deadly diseases in mammals and birds. In humans they’re typically spread via airborne droplets of fluid produced by infected individuals. Some rare but notable strains, including Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV), and those responsible for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), can cause death in humans. First described in detail in the 1960s, the coronavirus gets its name from a distinctive corona or ‘crown’ of sugary-proteins that projects from the envelope surrounding the particle. Encoding the virus’ make-up is the longest genome of any RNA-based virus – a single strand of nucleic acid roughly 26,000 to 32,000 bases long.” (8)
When coronaviruses were first mentioned in newspapers, they were described as “non-fatal”:
“The coronas have tended to increase the complexity of the problem because they have been found in 21 varieties – any one of which can lay you low. There may still be additional strains still undiscovered. And to this clan must be added at least 125 known or suspected strains of the ‘rhino’ viruses – so named because they invade the nose. Collectively, these constitute the chief cause of misery-inducing but non-fatal colds in adults. (Baylor University’s) Dr. Couch and his team are after big game. One of their concepts is that if ‘hybrid’ viruses could be developed – that is, a single virus with the combined characteristics of two different ones – it would be theoretically possible with vaccine made from such combos to protect a person indefinitely against up to five of the 125 known or suspected rhinos.” (9)
How and why did the corona viruses evolve from the “non-fatal” variety to the fatal type? It may very well have had something to do with the hybridization spoke of in the article. More on that later.
How does one tell if one has caught this virus? The symptoms, when they manifest, are often quite severe – but also may be confused with the flu:
“‘The symptoms of this disease are fever, cough and respiratory disease,’ she said. ‘That’s similar to the early symptoms of influenza and other viral respiratory diseases.’ … If you don’t have a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher that lasts for three to five days, you likely just have the common cold.” (10)
The World Health Organization put it this way:
“The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.” (11)
“Airborne droplets” are the most common – but not the only – way this virus spreads. One of the most frightening things about COVID-19 is that it can be passed through “asymptomatic infection” – transmission from humans that do not show any symptoms of having the disease. This information is according to the Lancet – a prestigious medical journal – way back in January 24th 2020 (12) – which means that officials have no excuse not to have been acting on this information from the beginning. Screening people who show symptoms and allowing free passage to those who don’t was practiced by most governments until mid March, unfortunately. Hindsight reveals that fighting diseases exhibiting asymptomatic infection involves a greater need for universal testing, greater restrictions on travel for all people, and greater precautions taken by all people (such as wearing masks) – not just the people showing symptoms of infection.
This information has been reaffirmed in other reputable medical journals. (13) The news has widely reported that such studies which prove asymptomatic infection are flawed, but they only find flaws (14) in the January 30th New England Journal of Medicine article, (15) and not the January 24th Lancet article or the February 19th New England Journal of Medicine article. There is a lot of evidence that the establishment has done a terrible job of identifying actual misinformation and endorsing factual information.
Most official sources indicate that the virus can incubate within the host up to 14 days before symptoms present themselves, (16) but there are indications that it could be a month before symptoms show. (17) In spite of this evidence, on February 23nd, 2020, some Canadian health officials stated they were “not recommending testing” asymptomatic individuals, regardless of their exposure to others or their travel history. (18) As late as March 6th, 2020, a Canadian COVID-19 expert predicated testing for the virus in Canada to only those showing symptoms. (19)
As early as February 3rd, we have known that it can be transmitted through feces. (20) As early as February 8th, we have known that it’s airborne. (21) On March 3rd, 2020, a study was published indicating there were two strains of COVID-19 circulating, and another study came out on March 24th indicating there was as many as 40 different COVID-19 strains. (22) South China Morning Post has posted an instructional video – in English – for proper hand-sanitizing and facemask use. (23) Some Canadian public health officials have publicly doubted the efficacy of masks, but everyone seems agreed that hand-washing is a good thing. (24)
Past coronaviruses have survived in the environment in a range between a few hours to several days. This virus, however, can persist on surfaces for at least 9 days. (25)
How COVID-19 Kills
How does COVID-19 kill? Primarily through something called “ARDS” – Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome;
“Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a type of respiratory failure characterized by rapid onset of widespread inflammation in the lungs. Symptoms include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, and bluish skin coloration. Among those who survive, a decreased quality of life is relatively common. Causes may include sepsis, pancreatitis, trauma, pneumonia, and aspiration.” (26)
The 2019 Coronavirus appears to cause ARDS through causing pneumonia. (27) What, exactly, is pneumonia? Basically, pneumonia is a form of inflammation in the lungs. (28) There is also evidence of COVID-19 causing permanent lung damage (29) and neurological damage. (30)
The most important way in which this disease differs from the flu is that the flu allows one to acquire a natural immunity to it, whereas COVID-19 appears to either allow no immunity to be developed in some or all victims, to prevent full recovery in some or all victims, or to make accurate testing difficult. And this is related to the reason that one should avoid, if at all possible, the synthetic drugs that are currently being used to treat COVID-19. According to the message forwarded to Taiwan News:
“It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.” (31)
Alternatives to these synthetic “meds” are explored in the second and third parts of this article, below.
This virus is far more deadly and dangerous than the flu, and due to it being easier to spread and harder to detect, much worse than SARS. So far, the number of cases within China has accelerated, far surpassing the rate of new SARS cases in 2003. (32) An “R0” or “R naught” value is “a mathematical term that indicates how contagious an infectious disease is. It’s also referred to as the reproduction number”. (33) If your R0 is 1, then it means every person who catches that disease will pass it on to 1 other person. For a disease to end, the R0 must eventually drop below 1. For example, the R0 for SARS has been estimated to have gotten as high as 1.7 before dropping below 1, whereas the same source estimated the R0 for COVID-19 to be as low as 2.9. (34) Some sources argue that the R0 of as high as 4.08. (35) others have argued it’s even higher than that.
One thing is for sure, it’s way worse than a typical flu – in spite of many assertions to the contrary. (36) It has a higher complication rate (15% severe pneumonia and 5% requiring intensive care), higher mortality rate (20 times the flu, unless the hospital is overrun, then 50 times the flu), an “R0” as high as 6.7, it spreads asymptomatically, via aerosols, with an incubation period of up to 27 days, it can persist on surfaces for up to 9 days, humans have zero natural immunity, testing often results in false negatives, and the infectious period is “as long as 37 days”. (37). None of that is true of seasonal influenza. (38)
There are at least two somewhat reliable sources for up-to-date statistics on COVID-19. A special COVID-19 page set up by Johns Hopkins University (39), and a statistics website known as Worldometers.info does a fairly good job. (40) There is reason to doubt the statistics that both are relying on when it comes to China, however. For example, journalists posing as Chinese Communist Party officials have taken surveys of funeral homes in Wuhan, learning that only 6.29% of COVID-19-related deaths are reported as such, and that 61% of their customers died at home rather than in a hospital. (41) On February 1st, when the Johns Hopkins website was reporting 7,153 infected people in Hubei province, scientists at Hong Kong University were estimating that the actual number was closer to 75,815 infected people. (42) In late January, videos began circulating of a Wuhan healthcare system pushed to its limits. (43) Doubt of official figures was already widespread by then. (44) Reporters had by then noted that China had “heavily underreported” SARS incidents back in 2002. (45)
In late January, some families in Wuhan had noticed that probable COVID-19 victims were being diagnosed as “severe pneumonia” instead. (46) Doctors who have spoken candidly about what was happening in Wuhan have been arrested, (47) as have critics of the Chinese Government’s response. (48) Citizen journalists covering the story have gone missing. (49)
By early February, Taiwan journalists were reporting that Wuhan’s 7 crematoria were all working “24 hours a day, seven days a week”, which means that approximately 2800 bodies per week were being cremated at a time when the official death count was only 490. (50) Some noticed a “death smog” coming from the ashes of cremated bodies hung over Wuhan during this period. (51) One “billionaire whistleblower” estimated the true death toll at “over 50,000” at a time when the global death toll was estimated at just 910. (52)
The King’s Stilts, Dr. Seuss, 1939 (53)
What we don’t know for sure about COVID-19 is how it came to be. Some theorize it was just a coincidence – a random collection of viruses that recombined naturally, perhaps in the “wet market” in Wuhan, where wild animals and domesticated animals were kept, stacked in cages, wallowing in their own filth, waiting to be slaughtered.
Some theorize it came from one of two “Bio Safety Level 4” laboratories in Wuhan, perhaps a leak or an animal sold to the seafood (wet) market nearby.
And some wonder if it wasn’t another bio-weapon designed in one of the Level 4 labs in the United States, by the same people who designed AIDS, Ebola, weaponized anthrax, SARS, MERS, weaponized swine flu and weaponized bird flu. Let’s take a comprehensive and honest look at the facts involving each of these three theories.
The possibility of a laboratory origin of this virus is quickly dismissed by most media sources – if it’s even mentioned at all:
“There is much speculation of whether this virus is a bio-engineered weapon. This speculation has part arisen because the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory housed in the Wuhan Institute of Virology in Wuhan is authorised to host dangerous pathogens. Conspiracy theories have been widely peddled, but bottom line is we have no evidence to demonstrate that the virus has been intentionally meddled with. Either way the crucial thing now is to concentrate on containing the spread of the disease and not creating speculation. Blaming countries can only incentivize them to obfuscating data instead of transparently sharing disease burden and their response.” (58)
This author disagrees that the possible bioweapons origin of the virus isn’t worth investigating – a thorough, high profile investigation might mean the difference between having an airborne ebola/measles/smallpox hybrid come out in the near future or not come out at all.
A journalist at Foreign Affairs ignored the long history of bioweapons production by many governments all over the world and actually argued that it couldn’t have been a bioweapon because there wasn’t any “incentive” to create one:
“Within weeks of the pathogen’s appearance, social media lit up with suggestions that the virus was a biological weapon—either a Chinese one that had escaped from a laboratory in Wuhan or an American one inflicted on Wuhan. While such rumors are not credible, given that neither the United States nor China has incentive to develop biological weapons, they are difficult to dispel, because military officials on both sides still view with suspicion each other’s motives in building biosecurity programs.” (59)
Most media sources and government sources won’t even bring up the possibility of COVID-19 being created in a lab, but Republican Senator Tom Cotton has mentioned that possibility in the Senate – but only in the context of it being created in a Chinese lab. (60) And Chinese academics have argued that the virus might have “leaked” from the biolabs near the food market in Wuhan. (61)
Right wing media – including the Alt Right/Neo Nazi/Steve Bannon-affiliated media – are making a concerted effort to tie the outbreak to the Wuhan BSL-4 lab, one of which is located just 20 miles from the fishmarket – and the other just a few blocks from it – where the “first cluster of cases” was supposed to have originated. (65)
“Conspiracy” websites have pointed out criteria which would indicate the possibility of a novel virus being a “bio-warfare agent”:
“In a thesis on Biological Weapons, Leonard Horowitz and Zygmunt Dembek stated that one clear sign of a genetically-engineered bio-warfare agent was a disease caused by an uncommon (unusual, rare, or unique) agent, with lack of an epidemiological explanation, i.e. no clear idea of source. They also mentioned an “unusual manifestation and/or geographic distribution”, of which race-specificity would be one. Recent disease outbreaks that would seem to possibly qualify as potential bio-warfare agents are AIDS, SARS, MERS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Hantavirus, Lyme Disease, West Nile Virus, Ebola, Polio (Syria), Foot and Mouth Disease, the Gulf War Syndrome and ZIKA. And in fact thousands of prominent scientists, physicians, virologists and epidemiologists on many continents have concurred that all these viruses were lab-created and their release deliberate. The recent swine flu epidemic in China has the hallmarks as well, with circumstantial evidence of the outbreak raising only questions.” (66)
Dual Use Research of Concern
“Perhaps the most prominent example of dual use research of concern in recent years occurred in late 2011, when two independent research groups prepared to publish in which mutations were introduced into highly pathogenic influenza H5N1 viruses that facilitated efficient transmission of the viruses in the ferret model.” (67)
This admission from the Army of making Bird Flu airborne was echoed in the magazine Science:
“The publication in this issue of the research paper Airborne Transmission of Influenza A/H5N1 Virus Between Ferrets, plus its newer companion The Potential for Respiratory Droplet–Transmissible A/H5N1 Influenza Virus to Evolve in a Mammalian Host, marks the end of more than 8 months of widely reported controversy over whether some of the data now freely accessible should be withheld in the public interest … As a result, people worldwide are now much more aware of the potential threat that this virus, commonly known as “bird flu,” poses to humanity. And the open publication of new data concerning the potential of H5N1 to convert directly to a form that can be transferred through the air between ferrets will motivate many more policy-makers and scientists to work to reduce the likelihood that this virus will evolve to cause a pandemic. … As described in News and Commentary pieces in this special section, the prolonged controversy has also provided a ‘stress test’ of the systems that had been established to enable the biological sciences to deal with ‘dual-use research of concern’ (DURC): biological research with legitimate scientific purposes that may be misused to pose a biologic threat to public health and/or national security.” (68)
The US Department of Homeland Security published a “Biological Attack Fact-Sheet” which mentions the “Australia Group” – a “loose association of nations that agrees not to export tools and technologies, including pathogens, that have ‘dual uses’ —that is, they can be used for both legitimate and nefarious purposes”. (69) Notice that they don’t agree to not engage in dual use tech – just not to share it. Apparently, according to their website, China is not a member of the group. (70)
One assumes that the “other use” in the dual use involve creating vaccines which defend against these weaponized viruses. But those “novel virus/bioweapons vaccines” never seem to materialize until it’s way too late – if they materialize at all – so the whole thing seems more like a pretext to build bio-weapons than a genuine positive application of the technology.
Ari Allyn-Feuer, a self-described “principle data scientist at a major pharmaceutical company” – GlaxoSmithKline (74) attempts to debunk the “lab origin” hypothesis by saying that other viruses such as SARS have jumped from bats to humans “by way of intermediates” before, therefore if SARS was natural then COVID-19 could also be natural. (75) But is it a safe assumption that SARS was naturally-occurring and not another lab-produced virus?
The Wikipedia page for SARS indicates that it could be “genetically traced to a colony of cave-dwelling horseshoe bats in China’s Yunnan province”. (76) But these bats didn’t actually contain SARS – just “the building blocks” of SARS (77), which indicates that they could also be the bats that supplied the version of the coronavirus a laboratory used to build SARS with. The lab workers that identified the proto-SARS bats worked at the Wuhan BSL-4 lab. (78)
The GlaxoSmithKline rep reveals his institutional bias in the following attempt to debunk the lab-origin theory:
“So in order to believe the Wuhan virus is a bioweapon, you’d have to believe that the Chinese government engineered a coronavirus by starting with an exotic wild strain instead of a strain known to infect humans. Then you also have to believe they either intentionally released it in the exact time, place, and manner that would be most suggestive of a wild origin (i.e. in a seafood market), or they falsified all the clinical data on early cases to suggest a fish market origin that was not real.” (82)
There are many things wrong with this statement. A) If you wanted to make it seem like it was naturally-occurring instead of a bioweapon, why wouldn’t you try and release it in a place where the animals you took viruses from were located? B) The first victim – and 14 of the first 41 victims – had nothing to do with the seafood market. (83) C) Why assume that those who created the virus – if the virus was created – started with an exotic wild strain? Why couldn’t they have started with a strain known to infect humans and then added elements of the wild animal strain afterwards, to throw people off the trail? D) Why is the possible culprit limited to the Chinese government? Why couldn’t it have been another bioweapons program trying to appear as if it were China’s program?
The third possible origin of COVID-19 is that it was made in a lab, on purpose, and released, on purpose, for some really effed-up reasons. It’s hard to even discuss this possibility because of a CIA psy-op (84) dating back to 1967, using now well-known CIA influence in the mass media (85) to label anyone doubting the official story on the JFK assassination as a “conspiracy theorist” (86).
In spite of this “stigma against skepticism of our rulers” psy-op, some people have brought up the possibility that COVID-19 was created by forces other than China and was released on purpose. For example, the current Chinese foreign ministry spokesman (89) and the former President of Iran (90) have both made that claim. The Chinese Government spokesman – Lijian Zhao – supported his claims by sharing two articles on his Twitter account (91) on March 12th from the Canadian conspiracy website “Global Research”, a website which, upon close inspection, is sometimes truthful and sometimes untruthful. The first article hints at economic sabotage of the Chinese economy as the motive and the international Military World Games held in Wuhan in late October, 2019 (92) as the means to introduce COVID-19 into China, (93), while the second (94) suggests there may have been an accidental release in the US – stemming from containment problems at the Fort Detrick BSL-4 lab in Maryland back in August 2019, (95) which was then accidentally transferred to China through the Military World Games.
“… the type infecting Taiwan exists only in Australia and the US and, since Taiwan was not infected by Australians, the infection in Taiwan could have come only from the US … Neither Iran nor Italy were included in the above tests, but both countries have not deciphered the locally prevalent genome and have declared them of different varieties from those in China, which means they did not originate in China but were of necessity introduced from another source. It is worth noting that the variety in Italy has approximately the same fatality rate as that of China, three times as great as other nations, while the haplotype in Iran appears to be the deadliest with a fatality rate of between 10% and 25%.” (96)
US Bioterror History
“No job too dirty for a fucking scientist…”
William S. Burroughs (99)
“Biological warfare need not remain a method of warfare repugnant to the civilized world. The further development of types such as US (code for a brucellosis weapon) coupled with a certain amount of informed guidance of the public might well result in its being regarded as very humane indeed by comparison with atomic bombs.” (103)
“During the Second World War the Japanese operated the infamous biological weapons warfare research center, called United 731, in Manchuria and deliberately exposed some three thousand Chinese prisoners to a variety of agents, including the plague, anthrax and syphilis. Prisoners were tied to stakes in a grid pattern and then biological weapons were dropped from aircraft. The effectiveness of this was sometimes determined by live dissection of the prisoners without the use of anaesthetics. The atrocities were not confined to Unit 731. At one point during the war, plague-infected rats were grown in Unit 731 and then released in China. It is believed that they may have killed at least thirty thousand people in the Harbin area of China between 1946 and 1948. … There was a huge outcry after journalist Nicholas D. Kristof published an article in the New York Times on March 17th, 1995, that exposed this horrendous unit. But the anger was equally aimed at the U.S. government who, Kristof claimed, had agreed to a US-Japanese cover-up. He concluded that the United States had kept its knowledge of Unit 731 a secret in return for information from the experiments, an act that in itself ignores both international laws and any concept of human justice.” (104)
“We should tell the Chinese we will not use our troops in that war, but will use against them those weapons of mass destruction that we have in vast quantities. I think the Chinese will understand that. … We have a certain type of chemical, a half ounce of which can wipe out millions of people.” (105)
According to Ken Alibek – former Deputy Chief of the Soviet “Biopreparat” biological weapons program;
“Beginning in 1951, agricultural agents were developed at Camp Detrick and other facilities to attack the Soviet wheat crop and the rice paddies of Communist China.” (106)
In 1952, the International Association of Democratic Lawyers issued two reports on the US use of biological weapons – one regarding use in Korea (107) and one regarding use in China. (108) Their reports detailed a number of different weapons;
“… feathers infected with anthrax; lice, fleas and mosquitos dosed with plague and yellow fever, diseased rodents; and various implements contaminated with deadly microbes – toilet paper, envelopes, and the ink in fountain pens. In 1958 the Eisenhower administration pressed sedition charges against three Americans who had published the germ warfare charge in China Monthly Review – John W. Powell, Sylvia Powell, and Julian Schuman – but failed to get convictions.” (109)
These charges were supported with confessions from US soldiers who became prisoners of war in Korea – and who faced enormous pressure from both the Korean military who captured them, and the American military once they returned home and recanted. Modern academics are split on the veracity of the findings of these reports – not without reason:
“Australian historian Gavan McCormack argued that the claim of US biological warfare use was ‘far from inherently implausible’, pointing out that one of the POWs who confessed, Walker Mahurin, was in fact associated with Fort Detrick. He also pointed out that, as the deployment of nuclear and chemical weapons was considered, there is no reason to believe that ethical principles would have overruled the resort to biological warfare. He also suggested that the outbreak in 1951 of viral haemorrhagic fever, which had previously been unknown in Korea, was linked to biological warfare.” (110)
In 1956, The United States changed their official policy on biological weapons;
“US Army manuals which had previously stated that ‘gas and bacteriological warfare are employed by the United States against enemy personnel only in retaliation’ were rewritten. In future they said ‘the decision for US forces to use chemical and biological weapons rests with the President of the United States.’” (111)
1960, p. 10
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
In 1964, a secret research program began to be run out of the many biological laboratories near Washington, D.C., eventually involving various National Cancer Institute labs in Bethesda, Maryland, the bio-weapons laboratories of the defense contractor – Litton Bionetics – and the bio-weapons laboratories run by the US Army at Fort Detrick, Maryland. This program was known as the “Special Virus Cancer Program”. (112)
In 1973, no doubt thanks to the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention (113) which forbade the creation of bioweapons, the program changed it’s name to the Virus Cancer Program, (114) probably because the word “Special” is military jargon for “secret” – as in “Special Ops”, “Special Forces” and “Special Activities Center”. (115) If you were going to have a “secret cancer virus program”, you couldn’t go ahead and call it that, or you risk it no longer being secret.
Robert Gallo, one of the people credited with “discovering” AIDS, worked at the National Cancer Institute under contract from Litton Bionetics in the Special Virus Cancer Program. Gallo worked under contract with this defense contractor to develop “mutant viruses functionally identical to HIV” (116) – years before he “discovered” HIV. Gallo forgets to mention Litton Bionetics in his tell-all account of his AIDS-discovering work – “Virus Hunting”. Litton Bionetics and Gallo were both mentioned in a Palm Springs newspaper in 1984 for their work in the identification of the virus they probably created:
“Sarngadharan, a scientist with Litton Bionetics Inc., worked with Dr. Robert Gallo and his team at the National Cancer Institute in isolating HTLV-3, identifying it and developing a cell system in which to grow the virus in quantity.” (117)
That Litton Bionetics/Gallo connection is just one of the smoking guns that suggest AIDS was created in a lab as a weapon.
The biggest smoking gun of them all is “House Bill 15090”, (118) consisting of testimony from Dr. Donald MacArthur, then director of the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency, who on July 1st, 1969, testified before the defense subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee on the “research, development, testing and evaluation of synthetic biological agents,” a portion of which is reprinted below;
“Dr. MacArthur: There are two things about the biological agent Field 1 would like to mention. One is the possibility of technological surprise. Molecular biology is a field that is advancing very rapidly and many eminent biologists believe that in a period of 5-10 years it would be possible to produce a synthetic biological agent. An agent which does not naturally exist and for which no natural immunity could have been acquired.
Mr. Sikes: Are we doing any work in that field?
Dr. MacArthur: We are not.
Mr. Sikes: Why not? Lack of money or lack of interest?
Dr. MacArthur: Certainly not lack of interest.
Mr. Sikes: Would you provide for our records information on what would be required, what the advantages of such a program would be. The time and the cost involved?
Dr. MacArthur: We will be very happy to.”
This information follows:
“The dramatic progress being made in the field of molecular biology led us to investigate the relevance of this field of science to biological warfare. A small group of experts considered this matter and provided the following observations:
- All biological agents up the present time are representatives of naturally occurring disease, and are thus known by scientists throughout the world. They are easily available to qualified scientists for research, either for offensive or defensive purposes.
- Within the next 5 to 10 years,it would probably be possible to make a new infective microorganism which could differ in certain important aspects from any known disease-causing organisms. Most important of these is that it might be refractory to the immunological and therapeutic processes upon which we depend to maintain our relative freedom from infectious disease.
- A research program to explore the feasibility of this could be completed in approximately 5 years at a total cost of $10 million.
- It would be very difficult to establish such a program. Molecular biology is a relatively new science. There are not many highly competent scientists in the field. Almost all are in university laboratories, and they are generally adequately supported from sources other than DOD. However, it was considered possible to initiate an adequate program through the National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council (NAS-NRC). The matter was discussed with the NAS-NRC, and tentative plans were plans were made to initiate the program. However decreasing funds in CB [chemical and biological warfare], growing criticism of the CB program, and our reluctance to involve the NAS-NRC in such a controversial endeavor have led us to postpone it for the past 2 years. It is a highly controversial issue and there are many who believe such research should not be undertaken lest it lead to yet another method of massive killing of large populations. On the other hand, without the sure scientific knowledge that such a weapon is possible, and an understanding of the ways it could be done, there is little that can be done to devise defensive measures. Should an enemy develop it, there is little doubt that this is an important area of potential military technological inferiority in which there is no adequate research program.”
According to researcher Mark Sanborne:
“The Pentagon got the requested $10 million for its research program, though it never officially announced what conclusions, recommendations, or ‘practical’ results ultimately emerged from the effort. But here’s the key for those suspicious of the official story: MacArthur said the research could be completed in five years and that a synthetic biological agent ‘for which no natural immunity could have been acquired’ could be produced ‘within the next five to 10 years.’ A decade later, people—initially gay American men and shortly thereafter Africans and other populations around the world—suddenly began dying of what subsequently came to be called Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome: AIDS.” (119)
According to researcher Dr. Leonard Horowitz, “the first cases of AIDS appeared simultaneously and mysteriously in New York City and Central Africa” (120) – exactly where Merck (involved in bio-weapons production from the beginning and also involved in the Special Virus Cancer Program) set up Hepatitis B Vaccination Programs. (121) At the onset of the AIDS epidemic, the Center for Disease Control Hepatitis B chief Dr. Don Francis said:
“Combine these two diseases – feline leukemia and hepatitis – and you have the immune deficiency.” (122)
A close examination of the work done in the Special Virus Cancer Program reveals that was exactly the kind of work being done. (123)
The 2001 Anthrax Attacks
One of the most famous biological weapons attacks ever perpetrated in the United States was the Anthrax attack of September/October, 2001. According to Professor Francis A. Boyle, the man who drafted the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989:
“The anthrax in the Daschle letter was extremely sophisticated: super-weapons-grade anthrax with a special treatment designed to eliminated electrostatic charges so it could float in the air. The only scientists who would have had the capability to manufacture this would be individuals who either are currently employed, or had been employed, by the U.S. government’s biowarfare program.” (124)
Professor Boyle goes on to state;
“I believe the FBI knows exactly who was behind these terrorist anthrax attacks upon the United States Congress in the Fall of 2001, and that the culprits were U.S. government-related scientists involved in a criminal U.S. government biowarfare program that violated both the BWC and U.S. domestic legislation implementing the same. For that reason, the FBI is not going to apprehend and have indicted the culprits because the ensuing legal process would, in a court of law, directly implicate the United States government itself …” (125)
The FBI and CDC “both gave permission for Iowa State University to destroy the Iowa anthrax archive and the archive was destroyed on October 10 and 11, 2001” making identification of the culprit through tracing the type of anthrax used in the attack impossible. (126) There were attempts to blame the attacks on Iraq (127) and then Fort Detrick workers Steven Hatfill (128) and then Bruce Edwards Ivans (129) but all these theories had problems, (130) and many people feel the culprit has yet to be found. (131)
Interestingly, a laboratory which handles weaponized anthrax – the Miles Cutter laboratory in Berkeley, California, is owned by Bayer, (132) who also make Cipro (133) – a medicine held out to be a cure for weaponized anthrax. In fact, the October 8th, 2001, editions of Time and Newsweek both repeatedly mention anthrax as a possible terror weapon that might soon be used against the people of the United States, (134) right before it became common knowledge that there had been an actual anthrax attack (135), and both magazines mention Cipro as a possible remedy. (136) Bayer made a killing from Cipro sales as a result of these ads for Cipro disguised as news stories. (137) Bayer also failed to warn some of their customers that Cipro caused nerve damage, and people were injured as a result. (138)
Bird Flu (H5N1), SARS, Swine Flu (H1N1), MERS
There are some important facts to consider regarding these emerging viruses. Bird Flu didn’t begin to infect humans until 1997. (139) SARS was the first lethal coronavirus, which emerged in 2002. (140) The latest Swine Flu appears to be a combination of bird, pig and human viruses, and appeared in 2009. (141) MERS – the second lethal coronavirus – appeared in 2012. (142)
The first thing to consider is how these viruses, with murky origins, have all evolved to be more dangerous. Sure, it could be all coincidence, but those coincidences are starting to pile up. The second thing to consider is the huge market for vaccines:
“The Global Vaccine Market was valued at over USD 32.5 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach over USD 77.5 billion by 2024 … Some of the key players in the market are Sanofi, Glaxo SmithKline PLC, Merck & CO., INC., Novartis AG, Aduro biotech, ImmunoCellular Therapeutics Ltd, Antigen Express, INC, Agenus Inc, Galena Biopharma Inc., Dynavax Technologies Corp., and Inovio Pharmaceuticals.” (143)
Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, CSL and Seqirus are involved with the Bird Flu vaccine, (144) CSL, Sanofi Pasteur and Novartis are involved with the Swine Flu vaccine, (145) GeneOne Life Science Inc. and Inovio Pharmaceuticals are involved with the MERS vaccine, (146) and SARS seems resistant to vaccine production, on account of all the evidence getting out that people were getting sicker after using it than they would have if they didn’t use it. (147)
NAZI Vaccine Experiments
If you look closely at the history of some of the pharmaceutical companies that make vaccines – especially ones that have been around for a while like Merck (the pharmaceutical company that began the US bioweapons program in WW2) and Novartis AG (made up of Ciba, Geigy and Sandoz – the Swiss wing of the German-led war profiteer chemical cartel I.G. Farben), you would find that they have a long track record of committing war crimes and other atrocities for a profit. (148)
While vaccines are not as profitable as the rest of the pharmaceutical industry, that might not always be the case, as pills show no signs of being made mandatory, unlike vaccination, which gets more mandatory every year. As Wikipedia points out;
“Forced vaccination (as opposed to fines or refusal of services) is rare and typically only happens as an emergency measure during an outbreak.” (149)
The ironic thing about compulsory vaccination is that big pharma no doubt lobbies for it (Merck recently got caught lobbying for it) (150) – “big pharma” being groups of large pharmaceutical companies that work together on common goals (151) – and some of the exact same pharmaceutical corporations who are in these associations today were responsible for the creation of the Nuremberg Doctor’s Code in WW2 through using prisoners in death camps to test their vaccines on. (152) NAZI doctors even used the existence of mandatory vaccinations as a rationale for experimenting on people without their consent! (153) Nazi doctors also called typhus the “Jewish plague” (154), probably for the same reason president Trump calls COVID-19 the “Chinese Virus” (155) – to pretend the official enemy is the origin of the disease, and hide where the virus is really coming from. The resulting doctor’s code of ethics – AKA the “Nuremberg Code” – supposedly prevents the medical establishment from conducting experiments on people without their consent. (156)
The reality of the situation is that today’s vaccines have no long-term studies (impossible, as they are either brand new to deal with novel flus and other novel viruses or used in conjunction with other vaccines in a list that grows too fast for long term studies on the new recommended assortment of vaccines to ever be done) (157) so every person who is subject to mandatory vaccination is technically being experimented on without their consent. This author learned this first hand when he was told – while serving time in prison for cannabis & magic mushroom-related offenses – that the H1N1 vaccine might be forced on him under certain circumstances;
“When I first arrived at North Fraser, they asked me why I didn’t want the shot; I told them I didn’t trust it. They responded with the classic appeal to authority, ‘So you think you know better then the Center for Disease Control, eh?’ I responded with: ‘I know about the Swine Flu vaccination of 1976 where one person died of the flu and 25 people died of the vaccine, and over 1000 ended up with horrible vaccine-related diseases.’ The North Fraser doctor had no response to that. When I was moved from North Fraser to Fraser Regional it was at the height of the scare. The nurses were busy taking each prisoner’s temperature. When it came time for my turn, I asked one of them, ‘Isn’t true that at the Nuremberg Doctors’ Trial a precedent was established that medical procedures could not be conducted without the consent of the patient?’ ‘I’d agree with that,’ responded the nurse, adding, ‘unless there were extenuating circumstances.’ They didn’t elaborate.” (158)
The problems with today’s vaccines are many. Infant mortality is directly correlated to the number of vaccines taken – “nations that require more vaccine doses tend to have higher infant mortality rates.” (159) Vaccines for diseases such as measles in developed countries – diseases which are not much of a threat to human life in countries where there’s good nutrition and good living standards – these vaccines have a higher death rate than the disease itself. In the case of the measles vaccine in the US, between 2003 and 2017 there were 2 measles deaths and 127 measles vaccine deaths. (160) Evidence that various diseases were greatly reduced by cleaner water and improved sanitation and labour standards before the introduction of their vaccines is routinely dismissed or ignored. (161)
In spite of all this evidence, the education of doctors about the true nature of vaccine side effects is rumored to be weak. This author has been unable to find any stand-alone course in any medical school – or even any single textbook – devoted solely to vaccine side effects. Even if doctors were sufficiently educated about vaccine side effects, it’s not clear what good it would do – the US VAERS (the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System) and CAEFISS (the Canadian Adverse Events Following Immunization Surveillance System) – the systems designed to keep track of negative reactions to vaccines – seem to be designed to track vaccine injuries (so vaccine producers can eliminate problems too big to ignore) while at the same time preventing researchers from using the statistics to argue a causal relationship between certain vaccines and injury. (162) There should be a system that also records cases of causal relationships between vaccines and injury but we have these systems instead.
Record keeping of vaccine-injury statistics is made more difficult because vaccine court – the venue to address vaccine-related injury – is relatively unknown, “highly adversarial” and sends no reports to Health and Human Services regarding vaccine injury statistics. (163) Vaccine makers are absolved of all liability by national governments, a situation which removes incentives to care about vaccine safety. (164) And critics of vaccine safety have been railroaded by the medical establishment. (165) Detractors of the infamous Dr. Andrew Wakefield – the doctor who brought attention to the possible relationship between autism and vaccination – won’t even look at the evidence of the fraud perpetrated by his critics (166), or bother to listen to his own defense of his work. (167)
In spite of all this, the vaccine industry stands to make a killing if somehow they can create a situation where everyone in the world was forced to be vaccinated. The cost of a single flu shot in the USA is between $15 dollars to $85 dollars. (168) Imagine a pharmaceutical company getting $50 dollars per shot from each nation for every citizen for a “mandatory pandemic vaccine”. Multiply $50 by 7.77 billion people (169) or so, and you have over $388 billion – about 5 times as much money as the entire industry is projected to make in 2024 … off just one shot. Given the history of the chronic ethical lapses of the vaccine industry, $388 billion just might be too much temptation for them to resist. With that much scratch, they could even afford to spread a bit of it around with healthcare providers – or kick back some of it to cooperative politicians. With the expected demand being what it would be, they could charge whatever they wanted for it – and get it.
Making obscene amounts of money is just one motive behind the creation of a COVID-19-esque bioweapon. There are two others to consider: a) the creation of a police state where human medical autonomy – or even human autonomy itself – is but a distant memory, and b) the dramatic decrease in population by those who – for various ignorance-based reasons, want to see a lot less people alive. Let us now consider those other motives.
China – already a totalitarian dictatorship with little room for dissent – intensified their control over their people using COVID-19 as a pretext. Chinese people have been dragged from their homes (170) to substandard facilities (171) while at the same time the Chinese government was claiming (as early as February 9th) that the situation had been “stabilized”. (172) Chinese people are also being locked into their apartments with chains and iron bars – or even being welded in – without regard to fire safety or other possible emergencies. Authorities are refusing to answer how long it would take them to respond in an emergency. (173)
Activists within China have taken the opportunity to point out how the authoritarian nature of the government has made everything worse. (174) There may be risks to being a whistleblower in China – some have died from the virus. (175) Some Chinese journalists have gone missing. (176) Critics have also gone missing. (177) Doctors have been arrested for being truthful about the situation on social media. (178) An intense battle over the flow of information has begun between the Chinese government and the Chinese (and Taiwanese) people. (179) The Chinese government has now claimed that Wuhan has “recovered”, and whistleblowers claim such assertions are false. (180) Journalists in the US who have kept track of what is happening in China have called it a “bio-police state”. (181)
But such activities are not limited to China. The fast-rising death rate has prompted Italy to use the military to enforce the lockdown. (182) Germany has banned gatherings of “2 or more” people (aside from families). (183) Israel has instituted a “24 hour curfew”, (184) and taken steps that some have called a “power grab”;
“In only four days, he has shut down Israeli courts, ordered the internal security services to secretly track citizens using their cellphone data and incapacitated the nation’s parliament. Legal experts say the measures — ostensibly taken to protect public health — is a power grab without precedent in Israeli history, including wartime, and may serve as an example to other leaders as the crisis unfolds.” (185)
In Hungary, the government has plans to “introduce prison sentences for those deemed to be spreading false information. … Promoting false information that hinders authorities’ efforts would carry a prison term of as long as five years.” (186)
In British Columbia, Canada, the Provincial Government has declared a state of emergency, and passed measures that would allow them to do many things, including “enter any building without a warrant”. (187) The Governor of California is floating the idea of instituting martial law in that state, possibly suspending “right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, freedom of association, and freedom of movement”. (188) The US Department of Justice has begun taking even more drastic measures;
“The Trump Department of Justice has asked Congress to craft legislation allowing chief judges to indefinitely hold people without trial and suspend other constitutionally-protected rights during coronavirus and other emergencies, according to a report by Politico’s Betsy Woodruff Swan.” (189)
The Trump administration is also clamping down on the freedom of speech. Health officials and scientists have been banned from speaking about COVID-19 without the approval of Vice President Mike Pence. (190) And it appears as though a whistleblower nurse in New York who called attention to “shortages in protective equipment” has been penalized by hospital managers. (191) Critics of the Trump administration (and of authoritarian regimes in general) have warned of a impending “global detention state” and have described the situation as “bio-fascism”. (192)
Unless you have spent your life studying sustainable ecology, renewable energy and non-intrusive zero population growth strategies, you might have some pretty bizarre ideas about possible solutions to the problems that come with over-population, climate destabilization and ecological collapse. These bizarre ideas are nothing new;
“In his 1798 book An Essay on the Principle of Population, Malthus observed that an increase in a nation’s food production improved the well-being of the populace, but the improvement was temporary because it led to population growth, which in turn restored the original per capita production level. In other words, humans had a propensity to utilize abundance for population growth rather than for maintaining a high standard of living, a view that has become known as the “Malthusian trap” or the “Malthusian spectre”. Populations had a tendency to grow until the lower class suffered hardship, want and greater susceptibility to famine and disease, a view that is sometimes referred to as a Malthusian catastrophe. … He also stated that there was a fight for survival amongst humans and that only the strong who could attain food and other needs would survive, unlike the impoverished population he saw during his time period.” (193)
This brutal reaction – a competitive “fight for survival” instead of an attempt to cooperate for survival – has manifested in various types of policies, literature and other media over the years, from the eugenics movement (194) and sterilization programs (195) of Canada, the US, Germany and other countries in the first half of the 20th century, to the 1967 satire/not satire “Report From Iron Mountain”, (196) to the 1974 Henry Kissinger document “National Security Study Memorandum 200”, (197) to the 1980 Georgia Guidestones which suggest the global population be maintained at 500 million people, (198) to the 1988 “joke” by Prince Philip – the husband of Queen Elizabeth II – who was quoted as saying;
“In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation.” (199)
For the “population cull” theory of COVID-19 to be a truly plausible theory, you would need to prove a few things. You would need to prove that such a virus could be created in a lab and that similar viruses have been manufactured and released in the past. You would need to prove that it would be advantageous for elites to release such a virus – to benefit them financially and that it would consolidate their hold on power. I believe, based on the facts gathered above, that such criteria have been met. But the case would be made even more compelling if you could find evidence of prior knowledge of the virus being released and evidence of elites actively attempting to exacerbate the problem on purpose. Does such evidence exist?
All of the familiar elements of a plague – the predictable public response and the proper public response – are well understood, and have been the subject of much study. For example, take the yellow fever outbreak in Philadelphia in 1793. (200) An excellent, award-winning book was published about the outbreak in 2003 called “An American Plague” (201) which I happened to find in a used bookstore in January, when I first learned of the Novel Coronavirus. What happened in Philadelphia – a result of virus-infected mosquitoes, unbeknownst to the population – played out in a similar fashion to how COVID-19 is playing out, and how most serious outbreaks and pandemics played (and will play) out.
The disease spread quickly and was difficult to treat. (202) Rich people could afford to leave the city, but poor people had nowhere else to go. (203) People debated the origin of the disease. (204) Herbal medicines were used by many people – including those who employed the strategy of “clutching bags of camphor”. Carrying around lots of camphor – the essence of which is now used in insect repellant – is probably the only measure taken that would have had any effect on keeping the virus-infected mosquitos away. (205) As history proved time and time again, non-proprietary folk medicine is effective medicine.
People practiced social distancing. (206) Stores and schools closed. (207) The medical establishment ignored the true source of the problem – mosquitos – while the unaccredited advice-givers displayed insightful intuition, focused on the real problem, and gave practical advice on how to kill them off. (208) Quarantines and “emergency powers” were enacted by the officials. (209) The disease began picking off the poor in greater numbers, as they couldn’t afford to flee, and couldn’t afford treatment – or even basic nutrition. (210) Food shortages began to occur. (211) Nurses – mostly non-white – did most of the risky work caring for the sick. (212) Renters were left without work, and landlords were merciless and evicted many. (213) All of these situations can be found in this pandemic – and in most outbreaks.
Many people could predict the typical response to a pandemic – poor people getting decimated for one – but did anyone predict specific elements of this particular pandemic? There are a couple of eerie examples of that happening. Novelist Dean Koontz wrote about a disease called “Gorki-400” in his 1981 book “The Eyes Of Darkness” that got changed to the “Wuhan-400” in the 1989 version (no doubt because the official enemy had changed from Russia to China by then) – predicting the location of the emergence of a deadly disease 30 years before it emerged. Koontz wrote;
“They call the stuff ‘Wuhan-400’ because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside the city of Wuhan, and it was the four-hundredth viable strain of man-made microorganisms created at that research center.” (214)
All the news coverage of this coincidence points to the differences between COVID-19 and the Wuhan-400: That the Wuhan-400 has 100% mortality rate, and that it was built in a lab. While it is true that COVID-19 appears to be far less lethal, the assumption that it’s “natural” has yet to be proven. But you could never tell from the reporting;
“It’s true that the current coronavirus outbreak began in Wuhan, China. But the idea that the virus was created in a lab is actually a conspiracy theory that originated from unverified social media accounts and has since been widely dismissed by scientists from both China and the West. Experts are still trying to figure out the exact source of the virus, but research indicates that it likely originated in bats and was transmitted to an intermediate host before jumping to people — just like its cousin that caused the 2003 SARS epidemic.” (215)
That one just seems like a coincidence, but there’s no way to know for sure, and Koontz isn’t discussing his inspiration for the name of the disease at the moment. (216)
Then there’s the “Event 201 Pandemic Exercise”. Elites from around the world – hosted by Johns Hopkins University – held a novel coronavirus conference just one month before the Novel Coronavirus first appeared – two months before the media got wind of the virus – and the media, for the most part, have failed to mention this astounding fact. (217) ABC.net in Australia mentioned it in a one minute, seven second video on January 30th, (218) the NYmag.com mentioned it February 27th, (219) and Bloomberg mentioned it on March 4th. (220) A number of smaller media websites and blogs mentioned it too. (221) But no mainstream press coverage of this very important event was provided by the major networks – unlike the “Eyes of Darkness”, which was covered by CNN and others.
Factcheck.org (222) and Snopes (223) mentioned it – only to “debunk” it. Both websites said it was false that “Health experts predicted the new coronavirus could kill 65 million people.” What ended up being true was that health experts predicted a new coronavirus could kill 65 million people. Big difference.
Both websites quote from a statement put out by Johns Hopkins;
“In October 2019, the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security hosted a pandemic tabletop exercise called Event 201 with partners, the World Economic Forum and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Recently, the Center for Health Security has received questions about whether that pandemic exercise predicted the current novel coronavirus outbreak in China. To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.” (224)
This statement is sort of true. The “germ game”, for lack of a better term, didn’t make a “prediction” of 65 million dead. It created a “scenario” with 65 million dead. (225) I guess the difference is that a prediction only applies to real life, whereas a scenario … well, I don’t understand the difference – The Center For Health Security didn’t bother to explain it – but we are assured that there is one.
The similarities between the October 2019 germ game scenario and the current COVID-19 reality are many;
“That center’s latest pandemic simulation, Event 201, dropped participants right in the midst of an uncontrolled coronavirus outbreak that was spreading like wildfire out of South America to wreak worldwide havoc. As fictional newscasters from ‘GNN’ narrated, the immune-resistant virus (nicknamed CAPS) was crippling trade and travel, sending the global economy into freefall. Social media was rampant with rumors and misinformation, governments were collapsing, and citizens were revolting.” (226)
“Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms.” (227)
So there were differences. It didn’t arise out of South America, and the revolts have been few and far between – mostly protests against Chinese evacuees who were the victims of infection rumors. (228) The effects of COVID-19 on the recently growing but now non-existent anti-Chinese takeover in Hong Kong (229) and the anti-pipeline movement in Canada (230) has been to quell revolt. But as for “uncontrolled coronavirus outbreak” and “spreading like wildfire” and “worldwide havoc” and “immune-resistant” and “crippling trade and travel” and “global economy into freefall” and “efficiently transmissible from person to person” and “the pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms” – that all checks out. 8 similarities … that’s a lot of coincidence.
It’s too soon to judge whether or not governments will collapse from COVID-19, and whether the “rumors and misinformation” on social media were from official or unofficial sources remains debatable. But most of the scenario in Event 201 turned out to be true – as of late March, 2020, virus incident rates and death rates continue to grow exponentially in most countries, and we’re well on our way to 65 million deaths within a few months.
The result of the conference was to issue 7 recommendations regarding how the global community should ready itself for a novel coronavirus outbreak, and, aside from focusing on vaccine development and “countering misinformation” on social media (including the suppressing of “false messages … though the use of technology”) (231), the global community shows no signs of heeding these recommendations.
It’s impossible to prove, but it just seems like the whole thing was an attempt to plant in the minds of the public the idea that coronaviruses arise from the mix of bats and pigs – not from labs – and that the media should be ready to drive this point home. If that was the point of the exercise, it was a total success. If it was meant to mitigate the negative effects of a novel coronavirus outbreak, it was a total failure.
The “about” section of the event website (232) informs us that “The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, World Economic Forum, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation jointly propose these recommendations.”
Maximum Return Investments
Bill Gates has been thinking about global pandemics for a long time. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has given billions of dollars to vaccine initiatives over the last 20 years (233) and has pledged tens of millions of dollars to develop a COVID-19 vaccine. (234) Bill Gates had some very interesting insights into “the next outbreak” that he shared with the public in a Ted Talk in 2015. He first talked about Ebola, and how lucky we humans were that it didn’t appear in urban areas. He then said,
“The next time we might not be so lucky. You can have a virus where people feel well enough while they’re infectious that they get on a plane or they go to a market. The source of the virus could be a natural epidemic like Ebola or it could be bio-terrorism. And so there are things that would literally make things a thousand times worse.” (235)
Gates cites David Rockefeller as a “major influence”, focuses on investing in GMOs, vaccines and other proprietary technology, and has been accused by the Los Angeles Times for “investing … in companies that have been accused of worsening poverty, pollution and pharmaceutical firms that do not sell to developing countries”, and has ignored these criticism and have continued to focus on “investing for maximum return”. (236) This might explain his lack of interest in non-proprietary medicine.
According to the Sunday Times, Gates and Rockefeller met with other billionaires in 2009 to discuss how to deal with global overpopulation. (237) David Rockefeller’s family funded the eugenics movement in the first half of the 20th century, (238) until the Nazis ruined the brand and it was rebranded as “population control”. (239)
For all the planning done at Event 201, the powers that be have demonstrated zero evidence of preparation for this pandemic. In fact, if any preparation has been done, it’s preparation to sabotage relief efforts. We can begin with Trump’s removal of restrictions on manufacturing of lethal viruses in 2017 and his 2018 firing of the “pandemic preparedness office” that Obama set up in 2016:
“Trump has acknowledged that he cut global health experts from his staff and tried to slash funding for the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other agencies charged with spotting and responding to such epidemics.” (240)
When the effects of the outbreak began to have an effect on the stock market, Trump called it a “Hoax”, then (like the Chinese Government) claimed it “had nearly been vanquished” prematurely, and then rejected WHO testing kits, “instead opting to develop its own, which turned out to be faulty”. (241) There has been shortages in testing equipment (242), protective gear for hospital workers, (243) and ventilation units for the severely ill. (244)
Trump lied about how “nobody” could have foreseen the need for ventilators (there have been at least ten reports saying so since 2003), how “automakers including Ford, GM, and Tesla” are making a bunch of ventilators right away (they’re months away) and how the need for masks is “really at a level that nobody would’ve believed”. (245) A Congressional Budget Office report from 2006 clearly stated,
“As occurred during the SARS outbreak in Canada, hospitals would especially need N95 particulate respirators to protect medical staff against infection … Widely adopted just-in-time practices … leave too small an inventory margin to accommodate the increased demand for supplies that would accompany an influenza pandemic.” (246)
Kaiser Permanente, the corporation that “greatly expanded for-profit health care in America” through lobbying Richard Nixon to create the HMO act in 1973, (247) threatened to fire their nurses for wearing their own masks;
“Nurses at Kaiser Permanente hospitals and clinics in California could be fired immediately for wearing their own face masks, according to unions representing nurses at the facilities. … Kaiser nurses last week received guidelines downgrading protective standards and giving instructions on how to reuse certain types of eyewear and masks. That change came after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention earlier this month downgraded from protocols for airborne contamination to protocols for droplet contamination, noting that the change was based on supply rather than science.” (248)
The Center for Disease Control not only downgraded protocols from airborne contamination to droplet contamination, it also de-emphasized the importance of testing. Instead of increasing the COVID19 testing to the same levels as South Korea, the CDC removed the “total tested” figure from their website on March 2nd. (249)
The Center for Disease Control was one of the participants in the Event 201 “germ games”, by the way. New York Corrections Officers have also been told not to wear masks. (250)
And it’s not just the US government and medical establishment that have failed their people. Nearly all institutions globally have made similar errors of judgment. For just one example of hundreds available, health experts in Canada seem totally oblivious to the evidence of airborne transmission – insisting that COVID-19 is a “heavier-than-air virus”. (251) A very simple way to visualize that the virus is indeed airborne is to watch Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speak from his podium outside his home. As he speaks, because the temperature in Ottawa is below freezing, one can see his breath hang in the air. The droplets of his breath do not immediately fall to the ground. You can see for yourself that the breath floats into the air and disperses up and outwards. The clincher is that he is in quarantine with his wife, who is positive for COVID-19. It is quite possible he is an asymptomatic carrier and we are actually seeing the virus escaping from his body in real time.
We’ve known COVID-19 has been asymptomatic since January 24th. (252) An Italian study mentioned in the March 18th Guardian pointed out that the number of transmissions can be reduced to zero if you test everyone. (253) Governments that stand in the way of universal testing – or access to masks and protective gear – are complicit in mass manslaughter if they are incompetent, and mass murder if they are malicious.
Really, that’s the only remaining question. Are our leaders merely totally incompetent, unable to manage their way out of a wet paper bag much less a pandemic, or are they part of some Malthusian death cult, unable to imagine any way to manage “overpopulation” and environmental crisis other than a massive cull through war or famine or disease?
One need not be a rocket surgeon to provide the leadership needed to help one’s community survive a pandemic. The advice from YouTube researchers (254) seems both simple and straightforward: 1) Halt inbound infections by initiating travel bans, 2) provide facemasks for everyone, 3) provide easy and fast tests for everyone, 4) carefully record the contacts the infected made while likely infected, and alert them to the need to be extra careful, 5) pay for the testing, treatment and quarantine of everyone, and 6) record and share all the data collected in this process. When politicians tell you there’s not enough money to do these things, what they’re really saying is that they have prioritized corporate bailouts and subsidies to toxic, destructive industries instead of spending money on these things.
Avoiding ecological catastrophe is also quite simple. In 1992, and again in 2017, scientists from all over the world made a simple list for the rest of us to follow;
“(a) prioritizing the enactment of connected well-funded and well-managed reserves for a significant proportion of the world’s terrestrial, marine, freshwater, and aerial habitats; (b) maintaining nature’s ecosystem services by halting the conversion of forests, grasslands, and other native habitats; (c) restoring native plant communities at large scales, particularly forest landscapes; (d) rewilding regions with native species, especially apex predators, to restore ecological processes and dynamics; (e) developing and adopting adequate policy instruments to remedy defaunation, the poaching crisis, and the exploitation and trade of threatened species; (f) reducing food waste through education and better infrastructure; (g) promoting dietary shifts towards mostly plant-based foods; (h) further reducing fertility rates by ensuring that women and men have access to education and voluntary family-planning services, especially where such resources are still lacking; (i) increasing outdoor nature education for children, as well as the overall engagement of society in the appreciation of nature; (j) divesting of monetary investments and purchases to encourage positive environmental change; (k) devising and promoting new green technologies and massively adopting renewable energy sources while phasing out subsidies to energy production through fossil fuels; (l) revising our economy to reduce wealth inequality and ensure that prices, taxation, and incentive systems take into account the real costs which consumption patterns impose on our environment; and (m) estimating a scientifically defensible, sustainable human population size for the long term while rallying nations and leaders to support that vital goal.” (255)
Getting to zero population growth isn’t that difficult either: “raising the standard of living of women and girls” is the simple, straightforward answer. Bill Nye explains;
“As women and girls get better educated, they have fewer kids. And the kids they do have have more resources, so they’re better taken care of and they are more successful. … The world’s population is almost certainly going to go to nine billion humans. It may very well go to ten billion. And apparently the earth has enough resources for that. We just have to redistribute or reconfigure the way we use energy, water and the way we distribute information.” (256)
The way to reconfigure the way to use energy – as I outlined in my recent article on hemp ethanol – is to a) shift subsidies away from non-renewables and put them instead towards renewables, to b) factor the health and environmental costs into the cost of each product, and 3) remove the red tape around industrial hemp. (257) All of these solutions involve empowering people more, resulting in less power over people by the ruling elite. It very well may be that we are suffering – not from elites being unable to find solutions – but from elites not being able to face solutions.
What We Know And Don’t Know About COVID-19
In spite of the massive amount of evidence available of incompetence displayed by elected representatives, given the above information regarding the history of bioweapons manufacture and use, and of the prevalence of Malthusian mentalities amongst elites, and the evidence of the outright sabotaging of the response to the pandemic, and the near-universal failure of the various healthcare institutions of the world to prepare or to test properly or treat this disease like the asymptomatic, airborne, survive-on-surfaces-for-9-days disease that it is, I can’t say for certain that COVID-19 wasn’t made in a lab and released, on purpose, to decimate the numbers of the masses while strengthening the hold on power of the mighty … and nobody else can say for sure either way. If they pretend like they do, they’re doing humanity a great disservice. Barring a confession from those guilty of mass murder, we are unlikely to ever know for sure – and given the history of those guilty of mass murder never coming forward, we are unlikely to ever get one.
What I can say for certain is that we need a greater respect for (and support for) herbal medicine, non-proprietary medicine, universal healthcare and a robust social safety net, along with a greater skepticism of the bio “defense” industry and the vaccine industry and the healthcare-for-profit industry, and greater protection for whistleblowers within these industries, if we are to survive this pandemic … and the next one.
What I do notice from researching all of this material is how little herbal medicine – and non-proprietary medicine – are mentioned as possible solutions to some of these COVID-19-related problems, even though the healthcare system is overwhelmed in more and more countries – leaving people to their own devices – and even though there’s more solid data than ever before that these medicines are safe, effective and affordable.
How cannabis can help people survive
Again, I will remind people I’m not a doctor. I’m just a person that’s fairly good at assembling information for people to inform themselves with so that they can ask a doctor the right questions. But doctors aren’t always accessible or available during a pandemic – resources can sometimes be swamped – so medical choices must occasionally be made in isolation. If a doctor isn’t available, I suggest a person does additional research before taking any medicine – herbal or otherwise. Pay careful attention to warnings – some herbs might not mix well with other herbs or other medicines. But generally speaking, the number of herb-related deaths each year are small – usually related to the misidentification of mushrooms – and a fraction of a fraction of the deaths related to pills and vaccines.
The first thing a skeptic of herbal medicine might argue is that there’s no need to attempt to use any “folk medicine”, because conventional synthetic medicine – or botanically-based pharmaceutical products – are perfect in every way, or at the very least superior to the herbal alternatives one can grow, collect in the wild or find in a health-food store or herbalist retailer.
That’s debatable. As was pointed out earlier in this article;
“It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.” (258)
One of the medications used to treat COVID-19 (259) is “Ritonavir” (trade name Norvir) (259) which is associated with Arrhythmia. (260) Also known as cardiac arrhythmia or heart arrhythmia – arrhythmia is a group of conditions in which the heartbeat is irregular, too fast, or too slow. (261)
Another drug used in COVID-19 treatment is “Remdisivir” (262) – which has been associated with at least one death from its side effects during a trial on ebola victims. (263)
“Chloroquine” is the third drug being used to treat COVID-19, (264) but it’s only available by prescription. It is also associated with heart arrhythmia (265) and other heart problems. (266) It’s based on Quinine, a drug that comes from the bark of the cinchona tree. (267) Quinine is found in tonic water. (268) Those with “abnormal heart rhythms” should avoid Quinine, (269) as it has arrhythmias listed as a possible side effect. (270)
Even standard anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen, cortisone, brufen, Voltarol and naproxen have been said to make young people more vulnerable to the disease, (271) although this has yet to be confirmed.
Healing Of The Nations
Interestingly, cannabis may be useful in viral infection as an anti-inflammatory – and inflammation of the lungs is (mostly) how the 2019 Corona virus kills;
“The anti-inflammatory activity of cannabinoids may compromise host inflammatory responses to acute viral infections, but may be beneficial in persistent infections.” (272)
The cannabinoids and terpene which exhibit anti-inflammatory action are CBD, (273) THCV and β-Myrcene (274) According to Leafly, “lab results show that THCV is most abundant in sativas, particularly landrace strains from Africa”, (275) and that;
“One of the most common terpenes found in cannabis is myrcene. Beyond cannabis, myrcene is found in hops and is responsible for the peppery, spicy, balsam fragrance in beer. It’s also expressed in lemongrass, which has been used in traditional folk medicine for centuries. … More research is also needed to support myrcene’s potential anti-inflammatory effects. Evidence for myrcene’s role in reducing inflammation comes mainly from animal studies.” (276)
One source argues that cannabinoids won’t affect the heart rate like the pharmaceutical products mentioned above:
“Cannabinoids found in the plant serve to strengthen the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is essential for regulating the core functions of our body such as appetite, sleep, and pain. This allows cannabis to provide well-rounded relief from viruses like the common cold while also helping regulate pain through its anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation of the body leads to excess mucus, which results in clogged sinuses and runny noses. Cannabis can effectively treat this source of inflammation without affecting blood pressure or heart rate unlike other decongestants, and is free of any serious side effects to boot.” (277)
Another source mentions cannabinoids moderate the immune response, diminishing the ARDS effect – which (as was explained above) is how COVID-19 most often kills:
“According to the CDC the Avian flu (H5N1) has a 63% mortality rate. Unfortunately, the Swine flu, while causing death at a much lower rate than the Avian flu, also appears to result in death via a similar mechanism. The common cause of death with these strains is organ failure, especially as seen in the lungs with the development of Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). ARDS is caused by an excess immune-generated inflammatory response that leads to apoptosis (cell death) and subsequently to organ failure. When the immune system launches an attack on a virus it causes an inflammatory response that produces flu symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, and body aches. The body uses its’ own endocannabinoids to moderate the immune response, but it is sometimes unable to fully control the inflammatory process. The cannabinoids present in marijuana also have an inhibitory effect on the immune system giving the natural endocannabinoid mechanism a boost.” (278)
CBD – arguably the most readily available anti-inflammatory element of cannabis medicine – is present in some marijuana strains, and abundant in industrial hemp strains, (279) but is made artificially expensive through over-regulation, partly through traditional “reefer madness” tactics, (280) and partly through a new type of scare-tactics specific to CBD. (281)
That’s all well and good to mitigate inflammation – which is the main cause of death from COVID-19. But is there any element in cannabis that acts as an anti-viral? Apparently, industrial hemp essential oils seem to exhibit antiviral properties;
“The various terpenes in cannabis have antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral and insect repellent functions that could be commercially valuable when used externally.” (282)
The anti-viral action of THC appears to be a mixed bag, but the jury is still out, due to a small amount of data, mostly limited to animal studies;
“While under certain circumstances, cannabinoids appear to have broad anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects, which could be of benefit in pathological conditions having inflammatory characteristics, such effects may become problematic in the context of essential defensive responses to infections 26. For example, in vitro as well as in vivo experiments suggest cannabinoids (i.e. THC) have an impact on virus-host cell interactions 1433. Cannabinoid treatment (i.e. THC) has been associated with increased viral replication of the herpes simplex virus-2, HIV-1, Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated virus, influenza, and vesicular stomatitis virus, or has been associated with increases in surrogate measures of infection in these experimental models suggesting that at least some cannabinoids (THC) could have a detrimental effect with regard to viral infections. Another study has also shown that chronic THC exposure decreased the efficacy of the memory immune response to Candida albicans infection in a mouse model. However, in male rhesus macaques, chronic administration of THC (0.32 mg/kg b.i.d.) is associated with decreased early mortality from SIV infection, attenuation of plasma and CSF and gut viral load, decreased GI inflammatory responses, decreased viral replication, and modest retention of body mass. However, similar protective effects were not observed in female macaques suggesting a sex-dependent effect.” (283)
A special component of cannabis – the cannabinoid CBG – shows promise as a treatment for COVID-19 because of its anti-bacterial properties. COVID-19 weakens people and allows bacterial infection to take advantage of one’s weakened state, but cannabis can kill those bacteria – even the strongest bacteria such as the “super-bug” MRSA. (284)
Given all this evidence of anti-viral, anti-bacterial and “immunomodulatory properties” of cannabis, a cannabis-based pharmaceutical company – Cannalogue – has submitted an application to Health Canada to conduct clinical trials with medical cannabis as a treatment for COVID-19. (285)
There’s one last possible application for cannabis as a treatment for COVID-19: hemp seed oil is the perfect source of essential fatty acids, which are needed to maintain a strong immune system;
“Hemp has had a long-standing relationship with humanity; modern science reveals that it contains all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary for human life, as well as a rare protein known as globule edestins that is very similar to the globulin found in human blood plasma. … Hemp seeds contain the most balanced and richest natural single source of essential oils for human consumption. The E.F.A.’s not only help to restore wasting bodies, but also improve damaged immune systems, so it is not so surprising that modern researchers have studied them in relationship to the modern immune attacking AIDS virus. (Eidlman, M.D., Hamilton, ED.D, Ph.D 1992). Hemp oil is nature’s most balanced oil for human nutrition (3:1 LA to LNA ratio) and is easily digestible; in fact this oil could provide all of our Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) requirements for life, due to the balanced 80% EFA content of the oil.” (286)
“Hempseed has an excellent content of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These compounds have beneficial effects on our cardiovascular health. Recent studies, mostly in animals, have examined the effects of these fatty acids and dietary hempseed itself on platelet aggregation, ischemic heart disease and other aspects of our cardiovascular health.” (287)
“One of the many problems of our over refined over packaged food lifestyle is that if the product you are buying has a shelf life, it probably is devoid of EFAs. The Essential Fatty Acids in food are sacrificed along with the B vitamins and the naturally occuring enzymes to enable extended shelf life for supermarket foods. This is a major problem since EFAs are the building blocks for a healthy immune system, healthy cell structure, proper human growth, proper immune response, healthy hair, scalp and hair retention, healthy liver function, healthy reproductive function, healthy heart, healthy circulation and more.” (288)
Cannabis, we have seen proven time and time again, is the “tree of life” mentioned in many religions (including Judeo-Christianity) – it is our co-evolutionary plant partner (289) – of course it will come in handy when doing battle with the forces of darkness, such as lethal and/or novel viruses.
What other herbs (and other non-proprietary medicines) might help people survive
“Many years ago, in a beautiful country, far away, there lived a young gardener and his pretty wife. They were very happy, except for one thing. They longed for a child. At last, one day, the wife found she was going to have a baby. ‘How could we want anything else in the world?’ cried her husband joyfully. But the young wife fell ill and she grew paler and sicker until it seemed she was going to die. ‘There is only one thing that would save me,’ she whispered, ‘and that is a fresh salad picked from the garden next door that I can see from our window.’”
- Rapunzel, The Brothers Grimm, 1812 (290)
Herbal medicine is humanity’s oldest and most utilized form of medicine, especially in places such as Africa, China and India;
“TCM has a history of more than 3000 years (Xutian, Zhang, and Louise 2009). The book The Devine Farmer’s Classic of Herbalism was compiled about 2000 years ago in China and is the oldest known herbal text in the world, though the accumulated and methodically collected information on herbs has been developed into various herbal pharmacopoeias and many monographs on individual herbs exist. … In Africa up to 90% and in India 70% of the population depend on traditional medicine to help meet their health care needs. In China, traditional medicine accounts for around 40% of all health care delivered and more than 90% of general hospitals in China have units for traditional medicine (WHO 2005). However, use of traditional medicine is not limited to developing countries, and during the past two decades public interest in natural therapies has increased greatly in industrialized countries, with expanding use of ethnobotanicals. In the United States, in 2007, about 38% of adults and 12% of children were using some form of traditional medicine (Ernst, Schmidt, and Wider 2005; Barnes, Bloom, and Nahin 2008). According to a survey by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Barnes, Bloom, and Nahin 2008), herbal therapy or the usage of natural products other than vitamins and minerals was the most commonly used alternative medicine (18.9%) when all use of prayer was excluded. A survey conducted in Hong Kong in 2003 reported that 40% of the subjects surveyed showed marked faith in TCM compared with Western medicine (Chan et al. 2003). In a survey of 21,923 adults in the United States, 12.8% took at least one herbal supplement (Harrison et al. 2004) and in another survey (Qato et al. 2008), 42% of respondents used dietary or nutritional supplements, with multivitamins and minerals most commonly used, followed by saw palmetto, flax, garlic, and Ginkgo, at the time of the interview. … In China, in 2003, traditional herbal medicines played a prominent role in the strategy to contain and treat severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and in Africa, a traditional herbal medicine, the Africa flower, has been used for decades to treat wasting symptoms associated with HIV (De Smet 2005; Tilburt and Kaptchuk 2008).” (291)
“The use of herbal medicinal products and supplements has increased tremendously over the past three decades with not less than 80% of people worldwide relying on them for some part of primary healthcare.” (292)
Most media coverage of COVID-19 makes no mention of the possibility of herbal treatments … but some do;
“Could a traditional Chinese medicine help fight the Wuhan coronavirus, or is one of the country’s most influential state media outlets promoting pseudoscience and false hope? Those were the questions dominating Chinese social media after the state-run Xinhua news agency reported Friday that the Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica and the Wuhan Institute of Virology had discovered that the Shuanghuanglian oral liquid — a popular combined herbal remedy commonly used to relieve some symptoms such as fever, cough and sore throat — could be used to “inhibit” the deadly virus.” (293)
This article from Nature.com reveals the three ingredients of this popular herbal remedy;
“Shuang-Huang-Lian (SHL), a modern antimicrobial formulation comprising alcohol-water extracts of three herbs (Lonicerae Japonicae Flos, Scutellariae Radix, and Fructus Forsythiae), is officially recorded in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia and is approved for production by the Chinese Food and Drug Administration (CFDA).” (294)
Each of the components in this remedy has lots of scientific data backing up claims of medicinal action. “Lonicera japonica”, also known as Japanese honeysuckle, has many components of interest to medical researchers, exhibiting both anti-inflammatory (295) and anti-viral (296) properties. “Scutellariae Radix”, also known as Skullcap root, is also known for anti-inflammatory (297) and anti-microbial (298) action. “Fructus Forsythiae”, also known as weeping golden-bell, it is said to have a similar action as Japanese honeysuckle, and that “used in combination, their efficacy is greatly enhanced”. (299) There is a warning on this one – of those who inject this medicine into their veins, a small percentage – 0.127% – have a severe allergic reaction. (300) It’s probably best not to inject any medicine – at least any medicine you haven’t taken before and are not receiving from a doctor or nurse – and to take a small dose of anything new, to prevent an always-possible allergic reactions from being more severe than it needs to be.
Other herbs also show promise in the battle against COVID-19. Wild oregano-based herbal medicines were tested against human coronavirus back in 2003, with encouraging results. (301)
Both the wild oregano study and the Shuang-Huang-Lian news story was greeted with skepticism from the corporate press, characterizing them as “pseudoscience and false hope”, (302) “pervasive conspiracy theories” (303) and “an unfounded claim” (304), ignoring the data that says otherwise, and providing no counter evidence. These “debunkers” are very sneaky. They will say “x doesn’t cure COVID-19”, even when the word “cure” wasn’t in the original claim. (305) Treatments and cures are two different things, and alternative medicine has many treatments that are being overlooked, not because they’re ineffective, or expensive, or unsafe, but because our society has a bias against non-proprietary medicine.
Using soap to wash one’s hands is one of the few non-proprietary measures against COVID-19 that is supported by the media (306) but the same techniques to test the efficacy of soap against the coronavirus were used to test the efficacy of wild oregano. (307)
Grapefruit seed extract has been found to be effective against bird flu. (308) I personally never leave home without either grapefruit seed extract or oil of oregano on me. Whenever I feel a sore throat coming on, I take a few drops on the back of the throat with either of these things (you might need to have a chaser like an orange or some chocolate to kill the bitter taste) and ten minutes later – no sore throat. Pharma has nothing that compares with these things.
Turmeric shows promise as a medicine to reduce lung inflammation. (309) Turmeric is found in many Indian and Asian foods, such as curry powder. Curry powder is a great way to spice up all those beans and rice everybody stocked up on because they wouldn’t go bad during an extended lock-down. Turmeric, ginger and garlic tea is being promoted by the Philippine media as an immunity-booster to fight COVID-19 with. (310)
Vitamin C injections are being used against COVID-19 in China. (311) Selenium has been used to fight off Ebola, but “should not be used with vitamin C which can inactivate it”. (312) Older people are often selenium deficient. (313) Glycyrrhizin, a component of liquorice roots, has demonstrated effectiveness in fighting SARS. (314)
Vitamin D, zinc, vitamin C, elderberry, medicinal mushrooms, astragalus, selenium, garlic, andrographis, licorice, pelargonium sidoides, B complex vitamins, curcumin, echinacea and propolis all exhibit immune-boosting properties, which have all been well-documented. (315)
I discussed tips to resist succumbing to COVID-19 with a couple of herb experts: a practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine and a Master Herbalist. The TCM practitioner suggested vitamin D oil was good to take whether sick or healthy, but advised that the oil version was more effective than other forms of vitamin D, and if it wasn’t available, to take vitamin D along with oily foods such as avocado. She also suggested elderberry and nettle as other medicines that are good to take both as preventatives and when ill, and also mentioned astragalus and echinacea that were good preventatives but not good to take when ill. The TCM practitioner also advised eating less sugar, wheat and dairy – especially when ill – because they all make it harder to breath during a viral infection. She advised that eating modest amounts of garlic and onions was a good move, but not to over-do it. She even suggested looking into stimulants such as ephedra and coca leaf.
So I looked into them. It turns out, there’s something to it. Ephedra (made from the Ephedra sinica plant) is being used to treat COVID-19.
“BEIJING, Feb. 29 (Xinhua) — Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has been widely used to treat COVID-19 patients, yielding good outcomes, said a medical expert Saturday. With TCM treatment, patients with mild symptoms have seen their fever or cough alleviated, Wang Rongbing, director physician with Beijing Ditan Hospital, said at a press conference. For severely ill patients, TCM helped relieve symptoms and restore blood oxygen saturation, preventing the patients’ conditions from developing into critically ill cases, Wang said. She also noted the effectiveness of Qingfei Paidu Soup, a herbal concoction that mixes ephedra and licorice root among other ingredients, in the treatment of COVID-19 patients with symptoms ranging from mild to critical. Qingfei Paidu Soup has been used in 66 designated hospitals in 10 provincial-level regions, Wang said, adding that of the 1,183 patients under medical observation, 640 have been discharged from hospital and 457 have seen their symptoms eased.” (316)
Ephedra and ephedrine are controlled substances in Canada and the United States, however, due to misuses in sport. (317) It is, however, available as TCM herbal tea, Ma Huang, in some places.
And coca leaves infused into alcohol has been used to treat pneumonia.
“Dr. Schwalk relates a very characteristic case of pneumonia, cured by infusion of Coca, and adds: “From the experience I myself made later, in many cases of primitive acute pneumonia, as well as in cases of consecutive pneumonia, it is my opinion that Coca merits the praises which historians of Peru have given it for centuries. This wonderful plant appeases hunger and thirst, and diminishes the necessity of sleep. It is, in a word, the most powerful restorer of the vital forces. It is destined to occupy a high position in the cure of diseases of the digestive and respiratory tracts.” (318)
I talked to the master herbalist, who endorsed many of the herbs mentioned above. She also mentioned that essential oils such as tea tree, pine, lavender, thyme, clove, eucalyptus, peppermint and camphor exhibited anti-viral properties, (319) and would be good to add to rubbing alcohol to make home-made hand-sanitizer and a spray for cotton masks or bandanas to make them more effective. Apparently, eucalyptus, peppermint and camphor oil all help to open airways, and are found in Vicks Vapo-rub. (320)
She also mentioned colloidal silver, which I have come across many times in my research – including a textbook of biowarfare survival (321) – as a powerful anti-viral. Colloidal silver is non-proprietary and available at many health food stores, and can even be manufactured at home using distilled water, alligator clips, copper wire, three nine-volt batteries and a couple of silver coins or rods. (322) The reason silver has been used in medicine throughout history – and was used to be made into silverware – was that it killed viruses and germs. (323) Another nice thing about colloidal silver is that – unlike grapefruit seed extract and oil of oregano – it doesn’t taste bitter. For children and people who hate bitter medicine, a mixture of a tablespoon full of “Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa” Chinese herbal cough syrup (324) and a teaspoon full of colloidal silver in a half a cup of hot water can be a powerful anti-viral combination. I call ‘em “silver ninjas” – my kid loves it.
Recently, the Washington Post tried to “debunk” the idea of using colloidal silver and garlic as a way to reduce the power of COVID-19. Some of the claims they made were;
“Garlic certainly has health benefits and is being researched for its antimicrobial, antiviral, anti-tumor and antibacterial potential. In the antiviral research, most studies focus on HIV or the common cold, and the data cannot be extrapolated to the novel coronavirus. Because there’s a sliver of knowledge about garlic and viruses, it’s easy to embellish and take people for a ride. But according to the WHO, ‘there is no evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the new coronavirus.’ … Anything you read about curing the virus will be false; there is no specific medicine recommended to prevent, treat or cure covid-19. Your best bet for finding information about the coronavirus is through the WHO, CDC or similar evidence-based portals. “Don’t use conjecture, whim or non-evidence-based practices to try and combat this problem,” Sharkawy said. “I’m fine if you want to drink your water with garlic, but not if it replaces hand-washing or other evidence-based advice that we know to be helpful.” (325)
The problems with this statement are many. First off, what institutions such as the WHO and the CDC consider “evidence” of a treatment or preventive medicine or cure constitutes multi-million dollar studies – people who sell herbs or colloidal silver can’t come up with the millions for stage one-to-four clinical trials or the 2 to 11 billion dollars needed to get a drug approved. (326) Even if colloidal silver was super effective against SARS or MERS, nobody would bother spending the money to find out, because there’s no return on that investment – anyone can make colloidal silver. Same thing with any plant you can grow. Without the millions needed for the testing process or the billions needed for the approval process, folk medicine providers are out of luck, and groups such as the CDC and the WHO have an excuse to ignore folk medicine treatments.
Secondly, herbal medicine and non-proprietary medicine such as colloidal silver are not going to be tested by those who have access to COVID-19 for testing – biosafety labs – because there’s no economic incentive to do so. These labs are run by corporations – or governments that are dependent on corporations for re-election – so they will only be investigating drugs that can be monopolized.
Thirdly, and most importantly, these herbal remedies and colloidal silver aren’t going to replace hand-washing, mask-wearing and social distancing, they’re going to augment these other strategies. And these traditional medicines pose very little risk of harm to the user – especially when compared with the vaccines that the establishment focuses on as the only possible solution to the problem. Why should people wait for one to two years for a risky, expensive untried treatment option (vaccines) when a less risky, less expensive untried treatment option (herbs/colloidal silver) is ready to try now? People have a right to use any treatment that might help them survive a pandemic – especially when the medical establishment has failed them in such an epic way on so many levels.
The Colloidal Silver Lining On The COVID-19 Cloud
If there’s one good thing to come out of this COVID-19 experience, it’s the possibility that the virus and the lock-down and the various failures of the healthcare systems will encourage people to take matters into their own hands, carefully research the origins of these emerging viruses, and see solutions in non-proprietary medical options and the exercise of human medical autonomy rather than once again making the mistake of putting one’s faith in the ethical capacity of corporations, and the abdication of responsibility on to our mostly-corporate-dependent medical establishment and our mostly-corporate-dependent rulers. Remember, this is the same medical establishment that has demonized cannabis for decades. Don’t trust them – they have interests other than your health motivating them.
Post Script: After handing in the article to my editor, Dan, at cannabisculture.com, I realized there were a couple of things missing. Firstly, I should like to thank my partner and master-herbalist consultant by name. Signe Knutson helped me immensely in crafting this article and should be acknowledged. The second thing I noticed was that – after looking into it a bit today, it appears that there was an outbreak of the plague in China – in a suburb of Bejing – right around the exact same time that COVID-19 first appeared. The plague, of course, is the worst disease ever to hit humanity in recorded history, with an estimated 135 million deaths. What a bizarre coincidence! Here is the quote I found most interesting:
“Two cases of pneumonic plague were diagnosed at a hospital in Beijing’s Chaoyang district on 13 November 2019, prompting fears of an outbreak. Doctors diagnosed a middle-aged man with fever, who had complained of difficulty breathing for some ten days, accompanied by his wife with similar symptoms. Police quarantined the emergency room at the hospital and controls were placed on Chinese news aggregators. On the 18th, a third case was reported in a 55-year-old male from Xilingol League, one of the twelve Mongolic autonomous regions in Northern China. The patient received treatment and 28 symptomless contacts were placed in quarantine.”
– Wikipedia: “Yersinia pestis”
In the same Wikipedia page, the also mention the fact that a scientist at Columbia university was messing around with the plague ten years earlier – apparently he missed a few classes on bio safety and handled the germ without gloves:
“On September 18, 2009, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) was notified by a local hospital of a suspected case of fatal laboratory-acquired infection with Yersinia pestis, the causative agent of plague. … A review of attendance records for university biosafety training identified deficiencies in staff attendance (including the patient) at a number of required biosafety courses. The patient’s family members and coworkers were asked about knowledge of any possible exposure events, such as a needle puncture or splash of liquid to the face, and none were reported. Interviews with laboratory coworkers revealed that the patient inconsistently complied with the laboratory policy to wear gloves while handling Y. pestis KIM D27 bacterial cultures.”
– “Fatal Laboratory-Acquired Infection with an Attenuated Yersinia pestis Strain — Chicago, Illinois, 2009” Weekly February 25, 2011 / Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), cdc.gov
This disease killed up to 20 percent of the world’s population in the 1300s … this underscores the point I was making about how urgent it is to defund these bioweapons programs pretending to be biodefense programs and to create robust whistleblower protection for those in the research community.
- The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams, 1922, DOUBLEDAY & COMPANY, INC., Garden City, New York, https://www.gutenberg.org/files/11757/11757-h/11757-h.htm Illustration by Komako Sakai, https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/02/23/the-velveteen-rabbit-komako-sakai/
- “Wuhan citizen plainly tells the #coronavirus situation in Wuhan & seeks help from the world” • Jan 25, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEqybiGdaA&fbclid=IwAR0J8J0jWFjIMaBQU3sTzyqs-HLhcTXBH9L5sG46F1rq9qDb6Q_4j_EPu18
“The Chinese villages attempting to self quarantine • Jan 28, 2020” https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=LRRmJ7vvW7E&feature=emb_logo&fbclid=IwAR1ZLx_wtB4LjIG6cgs1EozqSVtSkwhja-TBEdx-zN4ht-UjvR_ImMbuRDs
3. https://www.verywellhealth.com/difference-between-epidemic-and-pandemic-2615168 See also: “Infection control specialist says WHO is dragging its feet on calling COVID-19 a pandemic” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxlnmK0Ip_
4.“On this website you can find information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that was first reported from Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019.” https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
5. “We need to be preparing as if this is a pandemic, but I continue to hope that it is not,” Messonnier said. https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-01-27-20-intl-hnk/h_1a93968a380c8427378c7db53d671a49
6. The World Health Organization said it had chosen a name for the disease that makes no reference to places, animals or people to avoid stigma. Published Feb. 11, 2020 Updated Feb. 12, 2020 https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html?fbclid=IwAR2k5LRrdzHV9-AcWEtmenpnUCtb4okvMtsHIDUW6j2eoFbshAajx0rzjIc#link-144cb6f5
7. Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19), Feb 13, 2020
MedCram – Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY
9. “‘Coronal’ Cold Is Latest Thing”, The Akron Beacon Journal, Akron, Ohio, July 6th, 1970, pp. 1, 3
11. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses See also: “The most common symptoms are fever (88%) and dry cough (68%). Exhaustion (38%), expectoration of mucus when coughing (33%), shortness of breath (18%), sore throat (14%), headaches (14%), muscle aches (14%), chills (11%) are also common. Less frequent are nausea and vomiting (5%), stuffy nose (5%) and diarrhoea (4%). Running nose is not a symptom of Covid.” https://old.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/fbt49e/the_who_sent_25_international_experts_to_china/
12. “… asymptomatic infection appears possible (as shown in one of our patients) …” A familial cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: a study of a family cluster, Jasper Fuk-Woo Chan, MD, Shuofeng Yuan, PhD, Kin-Hang Kok, PhD, Kelvin Kai-Wang To, MD, Hin Chu, PhD, Jin Yang, MD
et al., January 24, 2020
13. “The viral load that was detected in the asymptomatic patient was similar to that in the symptomatic patients, which suggests the transmission potential of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic patients.” SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load in Upper Respiratory Specimens of Infected Patients, February 19, 2020
15. Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection from an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany, https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001468
16. “Current information indicates that symptoms may present themselves up to 14 days after exposure to the virus.” https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/frequently-asked-questions.html
18. “Fraser Health is not recommending testing or the assessment of anyone who may have been in contact with the latest case or any asymptomatic individual, no matter their travel or contact history.” https://www.sd42.ca/assets/media/2020-02-21-Novel-Coronavirus-Update.pdf https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/fraser-health-corona-virus-letter-maple-ridge-pitt-meadows-school-district-1.5472981?fbclid=IwAR3lDlW4PRsByt6fE70AZ3xAfk_VdifE6Na7Ggu36EvP_YQhCmmtbOSMLq0 https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/fraser-health-warns-maple-ridge-pitt-meadows-schools-of-possible-covid-19-exposure/
19. The National for Friday, March 6 — 100,000 global coronavirus cases; SXSW cancelled – @ 14:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67K9THjed_I
20. Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate: MedCram – Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hjy3UfaTSc
21. Novel coronavirus can transmit via aerosol: expert, Xinhua| 2020-02-08 http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/08/c_138766344.htm
24. “Dr. Sohail Ghandi, president of the Ontario Medical Association, said early data on the new form of virus suggests masks won’t be especially effective. While masks may have helped ward off the spread of SARS during the deadly 2003 outbreak, preliminary research indicates the same won’t be true of the current virus, he said. ‘Handwashing is more effective than face masks with this particular virus, particularly if you’re not infected.’”
25. https://www.thv11.com/article/news/verify/verify-can-you-get-coronavirus-from-touching-something/91-69ff86e4-a31c-47f7-a326-68280dcb8217 https://time.com/5801278/coronavirus-stays-on-surfaces-days-tests/?fbclid=IwAR0agi0o3j_lOBR1TrXtgEsKBrosOFrgjRw86yaMsO1BxCiYK0JvEmxlULw https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32035997/?from_term=novel%20coronavirus%20surface&from_pos=2&fbclid=IwAR1vTybDMmWKIQjtUgn2XnzMZV_ug8DgeAcA1LkE3jKPlhqmeyAxhFN6gIQ
27. “But if a coronavirus infection spreads to the lower respiratory tract (your windpipe and your lungs), it can cause pneumonia, especially in older people, people with heart disease, or people with weakened immune systems.”
https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus#1 See also: “Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study”, Prof Nanshan Chen, MD, Prof Min Zhou, MD, Xuan Dong, PhD, Prof Jieming Qu, MD, Fengyun Gong, MD, Yang Han, PhD, et al. January 30, 2020 https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30211-7/fulltext How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment, Jan 28, 2020
28. “The infection causes inflammation in the air sacs in your lungs, which are called alveoli. The alveoli fill with fluid or pus, making it difficult to breathe.”
30. Beijing hospital confirms nervous system infections by novel coronavirus, Xinhua| 2020-03-05 http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/05/c_138846529.htm Neurological Manifestations of Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective case series study Ling Mao, Mengdie Wang, Shanghai Chen, Quanwei He, Jiang Chang, Candong Hong, Yifan Zhou, David Wang, Yanan Li, Huijuan Jin, Bo Hu, February 25, 2020. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.22.20026500v1.full.pdf+html
31. Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavirus reinfection even deadlier Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack, Jules Quartly, Taiwan News, Contributing Writer, 2020/02/14 https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197 See also: Covid-19: Wuhan to quarantine all cured patients for 14 days after some test positive again, 23 FEBRUARY, 2020
“Coronaviruses have been shown to cause almost 20 % of all colds  and since the two main serotypes are roughly equally prevalent (Callow, unpublished observation), any one serotype would cause about 10 % of all colds. Since adults have about two colds per year on average [29, 30] and about half of all coronavirus infections are subclinical [31, 32], each adult should have a coronavirus infection every 2-3 years. This agrees with Monto  who suggested a 2-3 year cyclic pattern. It indicates that protective amounts of antibody may have disappeared by 2 years, and that if we had been able to reinoculate the volunteers after a further year, the reinfection rate would have been even higher.”
The time course of the immune response to experimental coronavirus infection of man, K. A. CALLOW, F. PARRY, M. SERGEANT, D. A. J. TYRRELL, 10 May 1990, Epidemiol. Infect. (1990), 105, 435-446 435, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2271881/pdf/epidinfect00023-0213.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3U9u2pdzYOEystLSxjyaCLPrG57zNenxcVq81QhLBENQZjwt8wAd-gTsw
34. Transmission dynamics of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Tao Liu, Jianxiong Hu, Min Kang, Lifeng Lin, Haojie Zhong, Jianpeng Xiao, Guanhao He, Tie Song, Qiong Huang, Zuhua Rong, Aiping Deng, Weilin Zeng, Xiaohua Tan, Siqing Zeng, Zhihua Zhu, Jiansen Li, Donghua Wan, Jing Lu, Huihong Deng, Jianfeng He, Wenjun Ma, January 26, 2020 https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.25.919787v1
35. “The scientists, from the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Automation and the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, both in in Beijing, calculated an R0 of 4.08 for the current outbreak, meaning a person infected with 2019-nCoV could infect more than four susceptible people. This figure is higher than the World Health Organization’s estimate of 1.4 to 2.5 and a recent model that showed an R0 between 3.6 and 4.” http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/01/scientists-warn-ncov-more-infectious-sars-experts-have-doubts
37. “New Research Suggests The Coronavirus May Be Far Worse Than We Thought” – February 9th, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Ho96UKfYA&feature=emb_rel_pause “A Crisis Within A Crisis”, Peak Prosperity, Mar 5, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df6c5w9PlEk
41. Wuhan funeral home staffer reveals real death toll of coronavirus | NTDTV, Feb 11, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYYV1B1lRKY&fbclid=IwAR0fBwhXYnu7XLpp1k3Q0xnd6xG5kRO1DPEvvxoLRjJvUTVEEpv1YrARyIY
43. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PwWkhhA9g&fbclid=IwAR2DOk7cwYyQXAwdwHRJQlz8aswUNhRo3B8dRzJDHVzJcPbzFE5m4HM0xfs See also: Directly under “Nothing to see here, folks.”: https://old.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/esza78/first_virus_death_reported_outside_hubei_eight/ffd86bl/
44. https://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/texts-messages-from-someone-whose-seen-the-coronavirus-from-inside-china/86186312/?fbclid=IwAR0eAalvmuvAQ4lG5dOfn78SZzVNFvAJb9-7ps11Uelj-_IZymEusju_5e8 See also: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-31/china-virus-cases-surging-3-000-may-be-undercounting-infections?fbclid=IwAR2BgSV3kFk2LX69v4Ugr9hBvSoWp4LF9ylHXtsVhkZuCFi9wQ_2Pzi6pxY See also: Coronavirus – The Lies and the Truths • Jan 29, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSIt496d82s
46. Relatives Wonder Why Pneumonia Deaths Not in Coronavirus Tally
Families describe discrepancies between information from doctors and death certificates, Wenxin Fan, Jan. 24, 2020 8:27 pm ET
HONG KONG—A 53-year-old fitness trainer died on Wednesday after checking into a hospital in Wuhan a little more than a week earlier, said his niece. His family had expected the death certificate to reflect the deadly coronavirus, because as his condition deteriorated, his doctors told his family he was suffering from an untreatable virus in his lungs. Instead, it recorded “severe pneumonia” as the cause of death, she said. The relatives of two other people who died in separate hospitals in Wuhan this week also described similar situations, saying the causes of death had been given as “viral pneumonia.” The relatives of all three said the deceased hadn’t been included in China’s official count of 41 deaths attributed to coronavirus. Those infected with the new strain of coronavirus in Wuhan typically have a fever, cough and other symptoms of pneumonia, but it couldn’t be determined whether these people had been tested for the new strain. If they were tested, the results might eventually be reflected in the official count. The hospitals and China’s National Health Commission couldn’t be reached for comment on Friday.
47. Coronavirus – Doctors Arrested for revealing the truth
48. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/17/chinese-activist-arrested-xi-jinping-clueless-coronavirus-xu-zhiyong?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0ijgxPFsprYdbmRPm4AEAjq3_cWHtB5BoXfmiT03xmV32XJNaHChrv2NA#Echobox=1581935031 See also: https://www.npr.org/2020/02/17/806584471/rights-activist-xu-zhiyong-arrested-in-china-amid-crackdown-on-dissent?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&fbclid=IwAR2QHdBazHbeL-Ok8ctlTQHQ85aQNPl1ukkFeKF9i4Oc4huUPdhoC1WTAR8
50. “On Jan. 31, the esteemed medical journal The Lancet published a model suggesting that by Jan. 25, there should have been at least 75,000 cases of coronavirus in Wuhan alone. It also suggested that on the basis of the infection rate of 1-2 percent of people traveling to Japan from China, the likely number of cases in Wuhan would be between 100,000 and 200,000. These models have been developed by independent medical experts, and while such models will have a degree of error, the likelihood of them over-exaggerating the number of cases so significantly is extremely remote. Then there is the question of the number of fatalities from the coronavirus. In Wuhan, there are seven crematoria. These can handle a total of 60,000 bodies a year, or around 200 a day for the 12 hours they are usually open. It is well-known these are all currently working 24 hours a day, seven days a week, cremating bodies as part of efforts to prevent the spread of infection. We can calculate that this would give Wuhan the capacity to cremate an additional 200 bodies a day. If there have only been 490 deaths from coronavirus on top of Wuhan’s usual death rate, why is this massive extra capacity needed? The only conclusion that can be reached is that there have been far more deaths than the CCP is admitting.” “Communist China is lying about true extent of coronavirus outbreak”, David Spencer, Taiwan News, 2020/02/07 https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871783?fbclid=IwAR1vuHespVJs7RAhNailIuShanabkQoYnkW71fdgXFKxyJo0-av1qRtF95M See also: “The website of Hankou Funeral Home states that it is equipped with 30 high-end cremator furnaces. However, the Epoch Times investigators learned that there were currently 20 cremator furnaces operating in Hankou Funeral Center 24 hours a day. Based on the cremation efficiency of the funeral home revealed by You Hu, the Hankou funeral home can currently burn up to 576 (20X24X1.2 = 576) remains per day.” https://www.epochtimes.com/b5/20/2/5/n11845444.htm?fbclid=IwAR38tnfnps_wDgtoAnXa4YHNIfru1cbMkRnXK8cMI6NpepZVUxTT38V4UbM
51. “Fears thick ‘death’ smog over Wuhan confirms China is burning coronavirus bodies – Several Chinese people voiced their concern over the fog which has engulfed Wuhan. It’s fuelled fears the death toll inside coronavirus-hit China is higher than what has been reported.” Emma Parker, 4 FEB 2020 https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/fears-thick-death-smog-over-21426098?fbclid=IwAR1AoUzD3EV_ePiwxRT9Y7Vyuzvla1y6-3vKwuorvbMkM_piRf1u7gRSoLU See also: https://www.ccn.com/coronavirus-death-smog-is-china-burning-thousands-of-infected-bodies/
52. Billionaire Whistleblower: Wuhan Coronavirus Death Toll Is Over 50,000
“Exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui recently revealed leaks from Wuhan crematoriums. He claims based on the number of bodies their furnaces are burning, the death toll could be as high as 50,000.”
53. The King’s Stilts, Dr. Seuss, Random House, New York, 1939, p. 26
54. https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/wet-markets-breeding-ground-for-new-coronavirus-by-peter-singer-and-paola-cavalieri-2020-03 See also: https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/rearvision/china,-wet-markets-and-the-wild-animal-trade/12028484
55. Why new diseases keep appearing in China, Mar 6, 2020, Vox
57. “No epidemiological link was found between the first patient and later cases.” https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext?fbclid=IwAR38nTQzqogJrdytrx_xCI0Zztnpy8nI8pnK9tkoYXQbNUO885WV56YHSZA “The first person known to have been infected by the Wuhan coronavirus
had never visited the city’s seafood market – regarded as the epicentre of the outbreak – according to Chinese researchers, who also called for extra precautions against airborne transmission of the disease between humans. … The absence of a link to the seafood market is one of the indicators for human-to-human transmission of the virus and the researchers identified another 13 patients who also had no direct exposure to the market.”
“Coronavirus: China’s first confirmed Covid-19 case traced back to November 17”, Josephine Ma, 13 Mar, 2020 https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3074991/coronavirus-chinas-first-confirmed-covid-19-case-traced-back?fbclid=IwAR3-Zdj36yKPcpqbShg-M2mCLdnnJuMiWGGOMf-O2gJByQND184rqMANOBA WHO lied about where it first originated, and doesn’t mention bioweapons laboratories – or even asymptomatic transmission! https://openwho.org/courses/introduction-to-ncov There seems to be a concerted effort to blame the fish market in the mass media for the origin and to ignore the data that the first infected person had no link to the fish market: At 0:27 of this video, the ABC News narrator says “December: last year. It was in this fish market where the first major cluster of cases was reported.” Hiding the fact that the first three cases had nothing to do with the fish market.
White House asks scientists to investigate origins of coronavirus
The coronavirus has killed hundreds of people in China Ben Gittleson, 6 February 2020
Official Chinese state news agency Xinhua reported on Jan. 26 that 33 samples out of 585 environmental samples collected at the Huanan Seafood market were positive for nucleic acids from new Coronavirus, suggesting the virus originated from wild animals or stocks sold there. However, these samples were from the environment—not from animals. It would be an ultimate failure of the Wuhan public health commission and Chinese CDC if no animal samples were collected and tested prior to, or at the time of, the shutting-down of the Huanan seafood market, where many animals were sold at the time of the outbreak. It would be similar to conducting an investigation on a food-borne disease outbreak without taking restaurant food samples related to the outbreak, and instead taking dining table surface swabs to test. https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-mysterious-origin-of-the-wuhan-coronavirus-and-the-call-for-chinese-authorities-to-release-animal-sample-testing-data_3231298.html
58. Coronavirus outbreak, N95 masks, traditional medicine and other burning questions — answered, Shambhavi Naik Feb 06, 2020
60. Senator Tom Cotton Admits that Coronavirus Could Have Come from a Lab! https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4851492/user-clip-senator-tom-cotton-admits-coronavirus-lab/fbclid=IwAR1gDqCh6KyaQ-jD9qWC6fTfnRl1uJ7U_TNqBS6S-x41RISoPmAsEgXd7bo
61. The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus, Botao Xiao, Lei Xiao, Feb. 2020 https://web.archive.org/web/20200214144447/https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339070128_The_possible_origins_of_2019-nCoV_coronavirus
62. “Laboratories are classified into biocontainment levels 1–4, depending on the pathogenicity of microbes investigated. Biosafety Level 4 (BSL-4) laboratories investigate the most dangerous pathogens and have the maximum biocontainment levels. Microbes contained in BSL-4 laboratories pose a significant risk for transmission and are frequently fatal; most have no reliable cure. BSL-4 laboratories provide a safe environment in which laboratory staff can work with and study these highly pathogenic microbes. After the 2003 SARS epidemic, the government of China initiated a plan to construct a national high-level biosafety laboratory system to prepare for and respond to future infectious disease outbreaks. One of the goals was to build a BSL-4 laboratory that meets the national and international standards for diagnosing, researching, and developing antiviral drugs and vaccines while additionally preserving highly pathogenic BSL-4 agents for future scientific research. Within the framework of the Sino-French Cooperation Agreement on Emerging Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control signed in October 2004, China constructed its first BSL-4 laboratory, the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory (Level 4) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, in 2015. During construction, prospective BSL-4 laboratory staff members visited France, the United States, or Australia for BSL-4 training and capacity building. After 2 years of testing and commissioning, Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory passed a series of assessments, and the China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment certified it as meeting the highest biosafety standard in January 2017.”
63. “Another achievement of #Wuhan Institute of Virology, in news on China Central TV on Apr 5, 2018. Key words: novel #coronavirus, viral isolation, infection experiment, trans-species infection bats to livestock, antibodies and vaccine production. You figure out the rest #COVID2019” Jennifer Zeng’s Vlog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JTq454e4Xs
64. Inside the Chinese lab poised to study world’s most dangerous pathogens, David Cyranoski, 22 February 2017 https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487
65. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7922379/Chinas-lab-studying-SARS-Ebola-Wuhan-outbreaks-center.html?fbclid=IwAR0dzrAZ0EwgZAjr7gZppnl_LV8Fw4yfGAJ0hGa2y4J8h53q9zJjIicGDq0 https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/24/virus-hit-wuhan-has-two-laboratories-linked-chines/?fbclid=IwAR3DklcCzZVda0gJlROJVbr6DxGEHCfCTUFFh7jUERlXZuo6TDYfcbVXBJQ
The Truth About the Coronavirus • Feb 1, 2020, Stefan Molyneux, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0TDtkn0uK4
67. Medical Aspects of Biological Warfare, US Army Medical Department Center and School. Borden Institute, 2018 https://repository.netecweb.org/items/show/325
https://archive.org/details/BioBook4/page/n3/mode/2up page 680 (704 of web version)
72. “Plus, the lab worked on MERS, not the Wuhan coronavirus. The Wuhan lab mentioned in the story does deal with dangerous pathogens like coronaviruses, but there is no evidence that it is the source of the latest outbreak.” https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2020/jan/28/blog-posting/websites-spin-conspiracy-theory-about-coronavirus-/
73. “Figure 3: Phylogenetic trees of genetic sequences … 2019-nCoV is 2019 novel coronavirus. … The NCBI GenBank accession numbers of the genome sequences are … NC019843 (hMERS CoV) …” https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30154-9/fulltext?fbclid=IwAR3GTNe8LACsDsJ6Fr0dQAnGjS5OvOPGpowZgzNhg7OQDXhQ5M73IBV4lxs#%20
“A phylogenetic tree or evolutionary tree is a branching diagram or ‘tree’ showing the evolutionary relationships among various biological species or other entities—their phylogeny … – based upon similarities and differences in their physical or genetic characteristics.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenetic_tree
74. https://medicine.umich.edu/dept/dcmb/ari-allyn-feuer Interestingly, GlaxoSmithKline involves itself in bioweapons “defense”: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raxibacumab
75.”The virus has a close 96% sequence overlap to a naturally occurring bat coronavirus, and coronaviruses have been known to jump from bats to humans by way of intermediates before, like the SARS coronavirus.” https://theprepared.com/blog/no-the-2019-ncov-genome-doesnt-actually-seem-engineered-from-hiv/
77. “Now, after years of searching across China, where the disease first emerged, researchers reported a few days ago that they had found a remote cave in Yunnan province, which is home to horseshoe bats that carry a strain of a particular virus known as a coronavirus. This strain has all the genetic building blocks of the type that triggered the global outbreak of Sars in 2002.” Scientists trace 2002 Sars virus to colony of cave-dwelling bats in China, Robin McKie Science editor, 10 Dec 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/10/sars-virus-bats-china-severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome
78. “But scientists have always feared that Sars could reappear. Hence the efforts of Chinese scientists – led by Shi Zheng-Li and Cui Jie of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, China – to trace the source of the outbreak. Scientists initially suspected that civet cats, sold in markets in China, were the source of the virus but later turned their attention to bats, which they realised were the prime source of the virus. Civets were merely an intermediary.” Scientists trace 2002 Sars virus to colony of cave-dwelling bats in China, Robin McKie Science editor, 10 Dec 2017 https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/10/sars-virus-bats-china-severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome
79. Genomic characterisation and epidemiology of 2019 novel coronavirus: implications for virus origins and receptor binding, Prof Roujian Lu, MSc, Xiang Zhao, MD, Juan Li, PhD, Peihu, Niu, PhD, Bo Yang, MSc, Honglong Wu, MSc, et al., January 30th, 2020 https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2820%2930251-8/fulltext
80. Bat Coronaviruses in China, Yi Fan, Kai Zhao, Zheng-Li Shi, and Peng Zhou, Viruses, March 2019, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6466186/
“In an article published in Nature Medicine on 9 November, scientists investigated a virus called SHC014, which is found in horseshoe bats in China. The researchers created a chimaeric virus, made up of a surface protein of SHC014 and the backbone of a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and to mimic human disease. The chimaera infected human airway cells — proving that the surface protein of SHC014 has the necessary structure to bind to a key receptor on the cells and to infect them. It also caused disease in mice, but did not kill them. … But other virologists question whether the information gleaned from the experiment justifies the potential risk. Although the extent of any risk is difficult to assess, Simon Wain-Hobson, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, points out that the researchers have created a novel virus that ‘grows remarkably well’ in human cells. ‘If the virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory,’ he says.” Engineered bat virus stirs debate over risky research Lab-made coronavirus related to SARS can infect human cells. Declan Butler, 12 November 2015 https://www.nature.com/news/engineered-bat-virus-stirs-debate-over-risky-research-1.18787?fbclid=IwAR1o6lbp3FRg3JQgG5noNKUvjd5GvkU7ZUq5XSsBaGes9Sg5zaoPLJ6QK1I
81. Next Generation Bioweapons: The Technology Of Genetic Engineering Applied To Biowarfare And Bioterrorism, Michael J. Ainscough, Colonel, USAF, April 2002, pp. 1, note #2, p. 29:
83. “By Jan 2, 2020, 41 admitted hospital patients were identified as laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infection in Wuhan. … 27 (66%) patients had direct exposure to Huanan seafood market (figure 1B).” https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext?fbclid=IwAR2neDF6CsZV_DVacdwO6NRTkzkEYAMlloDruw06Xn40PGFv5Knts6v5y_E
https://projectunspeakable.com/conspiracy-theory-invention-of-cia/ https://www.coreysdigs.com/c-i-a-3-letter-agencies/cia-coined-weaponized-the-label-conspiracy-theory/ https://www.siper.ch/assets/uploads/files/dokumente/CIA%20(1967)%20-%20Countering%20Criticism%20of%20the%20Warren%20Report.pdf
95. “Safety concerns at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases in Fort Detrick, Md., have led the government to shut down research there involving dangerous microbes like the Ebola virus. The shutdown is likely to last months, said Caree Vander Linden, a spokeswoman. The center said in a statement that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a ‘cease and desist order’ last month because the center did not have ‘sufficient systems in place to decontaminate wastewater’ from its highest-security labs. There has been no threat to public health and no injuries to employees, Vander Linden said.” “Deadly germ research suspended at Army lab”, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 6th, 2019, p. A4
97. Search for “Bionoia” – a six part series at the countervortex.org website: https://countervortex.org/?s=%22BIONOIA%22+Part+2&fbclid=IwAR1_OVtVn7oTzI1O-DUAgwOq9Zt2AMz6onUyzYjCTOlB_39zPxNeKCBjh78
See also: John W. Powell (1980) Japan’s germ warfare: The U.S. cover-up of a war crime, Bulletin of Concerned Asian Scholars, 12:4, 2-17, https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/14672715.1980.10405225
98. Potshot #19, pages 28 to 41, at http://pot-shot.ca/ https://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2003/03/01/3292/
100. A Higher Form Of Killing, Robert Harris & Jeremy Paxman, Tridad, Great Britain, 1983, pp. 89-94 See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid
101. Ibid, p. 103
102. Ibid, p. 105
103. Ibid, p. 106
104. Killer Germs, Pete Moore, Carlton Books, London, England, 2001, pp. 195-196
105. “Doubts Soviet Is Ready to Fight Us”, New York Daily News, New York, December 7th, 1950, p. 286
106. Biohazard, Ken Alibek, Arrow Books, London, 1999, p. 233
107. IADL Report: U.S. Crimes in Korea, 16 October 1952 https://iadllaw.org/1952/10/iadl-report-u-s-crimes-in-korea-1952/
108. IADL Report: Report on the use of bacterial weapons in Chinese territory by the Armed Forces of the United States of America, April 2nd, 1952 https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/606938
109. BIOTERROR: Manufactoring Wars The American Way, Ellen Ray & William H. Schaap, editors, Ocean Press, Melbourne, Australia, 2003, P. 5
110. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_biological_warfare_in_the_Korean_War#Subsequent_evaluation See also: “These efforts allegedly included bombs filled with plague-infected fleas, a trick the Americans learned about from their friends in Unit 731. Though the case is ‘officially’ unproven, there is considerable scholarly evidence for the claims. (See The United States and Biological Warfare: Secrets from the Early Cold War and Korea by Stephen Endicott and Edward Hagerman, Indiana University Press.)” From “Bionoia” Part 2, Mark Sanborne, https://countervortex.org/bionoia-part-2/
111. A Higher Form Of Killing, Robert Harris & Jeremy Paxman, Tridad, Great Britain, 1983, pp. 163-164
112. “Joint chairmen of last month’s two day meeting of the Biological Section, Chemical and Biological Division, American Ordnance Association (AOA), held in Strough Auditorium at Fort Detrick are (from left): Dr. John C. Landon, Virology and Cell Biology, Bionetics Research Laboratories; Dr. Riley D. Housewright, Scientific Director of Fort Detrick, and Carl J Lyons, Chairman, Biological Section, AOA. Lyons convened the first morning session of four lectures on the characterization of viruses. The afternoon lectures on the identification of microorganisms were convened by Dr. housewright. Dr. Landon convened the final session, the following morning, on the control of vegetation.” The News, Frederick, Maryland, December 10th, 1969, p. 36 See also: https://medicalveritas.org/special-virus-cancer-program-must-reading-for-cancer-researchers/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_Weapons_Convention Incidentally, the US policy on bioweapons manufacture underwent a recent change: “Federal officials on Tuesday ended a moratorium imposed three years ago on funding research that alters germs to make them more lethal. Such work can now proceed, said Dr. Francis S. Collins, the head of the National Institutes of Health, but only if a scientific panel decides that the benefits justify the risks. Some scientists are eager to pursue these studies because they may show, for example, how a bird flu could mutate to more easily infect humans, or could yield clues to making a better vaccine. Critics say these researchers risk creating a monster germ that could escape the lab and seed a pandemic.” “A Federal Ban on Making Lethal Viruses Is Lifted” Donald G. McNeil Jr., Dec. 19, 2017 https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/19/health/lethal-viruses-nih.html?fbclid=IwAR2p2Kv3NYfQJMRHP9vYeKwuhXo7uCz6d2egL3lUYzpHg7s5bWc9JUu92_c
114. “Started in 1964, its name was shortened to the Cancer Virus Program (CVP) in 1973 ‘to integrate the program’s research activities into the framework of the new National Cancer Plan.’ It brought together many of the nation’s top virologists, biochemists, molecular biologists, and related specialists, including some familiar names: Robert Gallo, Peter Duesberg, and Max Essex. Much of the work was contracted out to private companies like the military-linked Litton Bionetics.” “Bionoia” Part 6, Mark Sanborne https://countervortex.org/bionoia-part-6/
116. Death In The Air: Globalism, Terrorism & Toxic Warfare, Leonard G. Horowitz, Tetrahedron Publishing, Sandpoint, Idaho, 2001, p. 460
117. The Desert Sun, Palm Springs, California, May 14th, 1984, p. 16. See also: “By May 1983, researchers from the National Cancer Institute, the Harvard University School of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control, the Kimron Veterinary Institute of Israel, New York University, the New York Veterans Administration Hospital, Litton Bionetics Inc. of Maryland and the Raymond Poincare Hospital in France published several reports in Science about a retrovirus called HTLV-1, which was put forward as the leading candidate as the cause of AIDS. … Cooperation between labs was further indicated today by Dr. Gallo, who recalled that one of the French researchers had trained in his laboratory in Bethesda, Md.“ “NEW U.S. REPORT NAMES VIRUS THAT MAY CAUSE AIDS”, Lawrence K. Altman, M.d., April 24, 1984, New York Times
119. “Bionoia” Part 6, Mark Sanborne https://countervortex.org/bionoia-part-6/
120. Death In The Air: Globalism, Terrorism & Toxic Warfare, Leonard G. Horowitz, Tetrahedron Publishing, Sandpoint, Idaho, 2001, p. 376
121. Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola – Nature, Accident or Intentional, Leonard G. Horowitz, Tetrahedron Publishing, Rockport, Massachusetts, 1998, p. 113-117, 243-245
122. Death In The Air, pp. 268-270 See also: June 26, 1972 – Litton Bionetics’ Frederick Operations Division opened the Frederick Cancer Research Center (FCRC) with a staff of 21 employees. Within three months, that number had grown to 193 (Frederick Cancer Research Center Bulletin, October 17, 1972). https://ncifrederick.cancer.gov/about/theposter/content/frederick-national-laboratory-celebrates-40-years
124. BIOWARFARE AND TERRORISM, Francis A. Boyle, Clarity Press, Atlanta, Georgia, 2005, p. 44
125. Ibid, p. 47
130. “What went wrong”, Alison Walker, Apr 16, 2006 https://www.fredericknewspost.com/archives/what-went-wrong/article_50446ac6-f3a3-11e2-8875-0019bb30f31a.html
Vital unresolved anthrax questions and ABC News, GLENN GREENWALD
AUGUST 1, 2008 https://www.salon.com/control/2008/08/01/anthrax_2/
131. “The FBI conclusions have been contested by many, including senior microbiologists, the widow of one of the victims …” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Edwards_Ivins
132. Bayer Buys Berkeley https://www.berkeleycitizen.org/Bayer/bayer.htm
134. “‘A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER’”, pp. 23, 24, 26, “DIAGNOSING THE RISKS”, p. 34, “SHOPPING FOR PROTECTION”, p. 38, 39, Time, October 8th, 2001; “Unmasking Bioterror”, Newsweek, October 8th, 2001, pp. 22, 24, 25, 26, 29
135. “A 63-year-old Florida man hospitalized with pulmonary anthrax is an “isolated case” with no evidence of terrorism, Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson said. … ‘There is no reason to think that this incident is anything other than what we have seen in the United States over recent years,’ Florida Lt. Gov. Frank Brogan said. ‘It is a rare illness but it has manifested itself in Florida many years ago, as well as other states in the country in more recent years. And there is no reason to believe at this juncture that this is anything other than the manifestation of a rare and obviously very serious illness that has found its way into the life of one individual.’” “Fla. Man Hospitalized With Anthrax” ABC News, Oct. 5, 2001 https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117206&page=1 Robert K. “Bob” Stevens (June 20, 1938 – October 5, 2001) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Robert_Stevens
“Oct. 9, 2001: More letters laced with anthrax are posted, and the FBI begins investigating the incidents.”
“On Oct. 12, having planned on heading into the office late after an appointment, I was surprised to hear from one of my bosses early in the morning. She asked that I head into the office as soon as possible. Immediately, I knew there was something about the letter that was terribly wrong. I soon learned why I had been sick — anthrax poisoning. Like Mr. Brokaw’s assistant, I had contracted cutaneous anthrax.” “My Anthrax Story”, Casey Chamberlain, NBC News, 9/19/2006, http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14785359#.XnHbaJNKglk
136. “SHOPPING FOR PROTECTION”, Time, October 8th, 2001, p. 38
“Unmasking Bioterror”, Newsweek, October 8th, 2001, p. 29
137. “The main reaction to these events was fear that the United States was once again under attack just a few weeks after 9/11, and the United States Postal System also became fearful as the letters containing anthrax were mailed through the postal service. Because of this fear, online sales of Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic used to treat anthrax, drastically went up. People purchasing the antibiotic were paying more than ten times the normal cost of the drug.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Robert_Stevens
“As the spectre of anthrax epidemic loomed large in the public, people started piling up stocks of Cipro. The sudden increase in the demand for Cipro led to a steep hike in its retail prices. With the wholesale prices of Cipro at $4.67 for a 500 mg pill in the US, the retail prices went up to as much as $7 a pill. For anthrax treatment, it is recommended that patients should take two pills a day for 60 days. Thus, the retail price for two months stock of Cipro was well over $700, much beyond the means of poor Americans. Given the fact that two months stock of a generic version of Cipro costs a fraction of the prevalent price, there was uproar over the monopolistic profits made by Bayer from the public health crisis. In India, for instance, Bayer’s Baycip (the brand name of ciprofloxacin in India) is available at drug stores at $0.13 a pill. Thus, the retail price for two months stock of Baycip would be just $17. Whereas two months stock of a generic version of ciprofloxacin is available at a price as low as $8 at drug stores in India.” War Profiteering: Bayer, Anthrax and International Trade, Asia-Europe Dialogue Project, Kavaljit Singh, November 5, 2001 https://corpwatch.org/article/war-profiteering-bayer-anthrax-and-international-trade
During the anthrax scare in 2001, the government protected the patent of Bayer AG’s Cipro by not allowing generic versions to be produced. The US government then stockpiled enough Cipro to treat 2 million people for 60 days each at $350 a month, even though a generic manufacturer could produce more drugs, more quickly, at a cost of only $10 a month. The administration, who had accepted large campaign donations, protected Bayer’s patent, clearly a case of political payback. http://kkbs-law.com/2013/10/18/drug-manufacturers-collusion-to-block-market-competition-harms-california-consumers/ http://www.lieffcabraser.com/antitrust/cipro/
138) “A class action was filed against Bayer AG on behalf of employees of the Brentwood Post Office in Washington, D.C., and workers at the U.S. Capitol, along with employees of American Media, Inc. in Florida and postal workers in general who alleged they suffered serious adverse effects from taking ciprofloxacin in the aftermath of the anthrax attacks in 2001. The action alleged Bayer failed to warn class members of the potential side effects of the drug, thereby violating the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Laws. The class action was defeated and the litigation abandoned by the plaintiffs. A similar action was filed in 2003 in New Jersey by four New Jersey postal workers but was withdrawn for lack of grounds, as workers had been informed of the risks of ciprofloxacin when they were given the option of taking the drug.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciprofloxacin#Litigation
“The link between Cipro and nerve damage has been known for decades, but not surprisingly, the manufacturer has been slow to respond or issue warnings. As early as the 1990s, reports began surfacing of patients who suffered debilitating symptoms and long-term damage after taking Cipro. More reports were published in the years to come, but Bayer did nothing. Many people took Cipro in the wake of the 2001 anthrax scare, because it was the only antibiotic specifically approved to treat anthrax caused by inhalation. A couple of years later, postal workers who had taken the drug sued the drug’s manufacturer for failing to warn them that they could develop nerve and tendon damage. The federal Food and Drug Administration issued its first warnings about Cipro and other fluoroquinalones in 2008, but it was not until 2013 that the FDA required a boxed warning that specifically advised patients of the risk of nerve damage. It strengthened the warning in 2016, advising doctors that the risks of fluoroquinalones outweighed the benefits for relatively minor, routine infections, and that these drugs should not be prescribed if there was another alternative. Despite these dire warnings, Cipro is still marketed and sold, and doctors continue to advise their patients to take it – even when there is a safer alternative.”
Peripheral Neuropathy Associated with Fluoroquinolones, Jay S Cohen http://www.myquinstory.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Neuropathy.pdf https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2003/10/19/postal-workers-sue-maker-of-cipro/74d9c8e1-4c7b-4de5-814e-2b38aa640ae9/
139) “The precursor of the H5N1 influenza virus that spread to humans in 1997 was first detected in Guangdong, China, in 1996, when it caused a moderate number of deaths in geese and attracted very little attention. In 1997, in Hong Kong, 18 humans were infected and 6 died in the first known case of H5N1 infecting humans. … In 2003 the first cases in humans since 1997 were diagnosed. Three people in one family were infected after visiting Fujian province in mainland China and 2 died.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_spread_of_H5N1
140) “Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a viral respiratory disease of zoonotic origin caused by the SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV). Between November 2002 and July 2003, an outbreak of SARS in southern China caused an eventual 8,098 cases, resulting in 774 deaths reported in 17 countries (9.6% fatality rate), with the majority of cases in mainland China and Hong Kong.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome
141) “The 2009 flu pandemic or swine flu was an influenza pandemic that lasted from early 2009 to mid 2010, and the second of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus (the first being the 1918–1920 Spanish flu pandemic), albeit a new strain. First described in April 2009, the virus appeared to be a new strain of H1N1 which resulted when a previous triple reassortment of bird, swine, and human flu viruses further combined with a Eurasian pig flu virus, leading to the term ‘swine flu’. It is estimated that 11–21% of the global population, or around 700 million–1.4 billion people (of about 6.8 billion total), contracted the illness – more people than the Spanish flu pandemic, with about 150,000–575,000 fatalities. A follow-up study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness of the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than the yearly seasonal flu.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic
142) “Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), also known as camel flu, is a viral respiratory infection caused by the MERS-coronavirus (MERS-CoV). … Early reports compared the viruses to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and it has been referred to as Saudi Arabia’s SARS-like virus. The first person, in June 2012, had a fever, cough, expectoration, and shortness of breath.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_respiratory_syndrome
144) “In January 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Audenz, an adjuvanted influenza A (H5N1) monovalent vaccine. … Some older, egg-based H5N1 vaccines for humans that have been licensed are: Sanofi Pasteur‘s vaccine approved by the United States in April 2007, GlaxoSmithKline‘s vaccine Prepandrix approved by the European Union in May 2008, with reactive AS03 (containing squalene) adjuvant. And CSL Limited‘s vaccine Panvax approved by Australia in June 2008.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H5N1_vaccine
Audenz Manufacturer: Seqirus Inc. https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/audenz
145) “Injectable H1N1 vaccines are manufactured by CSL, Sanofi Pasteur or Novartis.” https://www.rxlist.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=107467
146) “SILVER SPRING, MD – A Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS CoV) vaccine candidate was shown to be safe, well-tolerated, and induced a robust immune response in a Phase 1 first-in-human clinical trial. Initial findings from the trial were published today in The Lancet Infectious Diseases. The study, conducted at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) Clinical Trials Center, evaluated a candidate DNA vaccine (GLS-5300) co-developed by GeneOne Life Science Inc. and Inovio Pharmaceuticals.” https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-07/wrai-mvi072319.php
147) “Early efforts to develop a SARS vaccine in animal trials were plagued by a phenomenon known as ‘vaccine-induced enhancement,’ in which recipients exhibit worse symptoms after being injected — something Fauci said researchers must be mindful of as they work to quickly develop a vaccine to protect against COVID-19.
‘Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.’ MAR 5 2020 https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/05/scientists-were-close-to-a-sars-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago.html
148) Potshot #19 at http://pot-shot.ca/ https://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2003/03/01/3292/
149) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy#Compulsory_vaccination See also: “The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) advises physicians to respect the refusal of parents to vaccinate their child after adequate discussion, unless the child is put at significant risk of harm (e.g., during an epidemic, or after a deep and contaminated puncture wound). Under such circumstances, the AAP states that parental refusal of immunization constitutes a form of medical neglect and should be reported to state child protective services agencies.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy#United_States
150) “Following media reports that Merck was heavily involved in promoting school-entry mandates, questions arose about the extent and appropriateness of industry involvement in vaccine policy. The presidential candidacy of Texas Governor Rick Perry recently prompted a new round of public and media scrutiny of the issue after opponent Representative Michele Bachmann accused the governor of ordering girls to receive the HPV vaccination because of his financial and political ties to Merck.” Pharmaceutical Companies’ Role in State Vaccination Policymaking: The Case of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination, Michelle M. Mello, JD, PhD, Sara Abiola, JD, PhD, and James Colgrove, PhD, Am J Public Health. 2012 May; 102(5): 893–898. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483914/ “Although Merck’s lobbying was a key catalyst in the initial push for mandates, many stakeholders came to view the company’s efforts as a liability. As media coverage called attention to the company’s aggressive tactics, suspicion grew that policy decisions were not being based on the product’s merits, and people who were otherwise supportive pulled back. The belief that mandate bills were an effort to make money for the company overshadowed whatever principled arguments might exist for them.” HPV Vaccination Mandates — Lawmaking amid Political and Scientific Controversy, James Colgrove, Ph.D., M.P.H., Sara Abiola, J.D., Michelle M. Mello, J.D., Ph.D., August 19, 2010, N Engl J Med 2010; 363:785-791 https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsr1003547
151) “George A. Scangos, CEO of Biogen, is chairman of the PhRMA board. Joaquin Duato, chairman of Johnson & Johnson‘s pharmaceutical division, is chairman-elect and Joseph Jimenez, CEO of Novartis, is board treasurer.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaceutical_Research_and_Manufacturers_of_America
“… Bayer Corporation … Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation …” https://www.phrma.org/en/About/Members https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotechnology_Innovation_Organization BASF Corporation New Jersey United States www.basf.com
BASF Enzymes LLC California United States www.basf.com
BASF New Business GmbH Germany basf.com
BASF Plant Science LP North Carolina United States www.basf.com
BASF SE Germany basf.com
BASF Venture Capital Gmbh Germany www.basf-vc.de
BASF, AG Germany www.basf-corp.com
Bayer AG Germany www.bayer.com
Bayer Animal Health Unit Germany www.bayer.com
Bayer Consumer Care New Jersey United States www.bayercare.com
Bayer Corporation New York United States www.bayer.us
Bayer CropScience, Inc. North Carolina United States www.bayercropscience.us
Bayer HealthCare Pennsylvania United States www.bayer.com
Bayer Pharma AG Germany www.bayerhealthcare.com
Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd. Japan www.bayer.com
Novartis Switzerland www.novartis.com
Novartis Animal Health US, Inc North Carolina United States www.petwellness.com
Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. New Jersey United States www.novartisotc.com/index.html
Novartis Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. India www.novartis.com
Novartis Institute For Tropical Diseases (NITD) Singapore www.novartis.com
Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research Massachusetts United States www.nibr.novartis.com
Novartis Molecular Diagnostics Massachusetts United States www.novartisvaccines.com
Novartis Oncology New Jersey United States www.novartisoncology.com
Novartis Pharma AG Switzerland www.novartis.com
Novartis Pharma KK Japan www.novartis.co.jp
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc Quebec Canada www.novartis.ca
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation New Jersey United States www.novartis.com
Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics, Inc California United States www.chiron.com
Novartis Venture Funds Massachusetts United States www.venturefund.novartis.com
152) “In October 1904 an Interessen-Gemeinschaft between Bayer, BASF and Agfa was formed, also known as the Dreibund or little IG. Profits of the three firms were pooled, with BASF and Bayer getting 43 percent and Agfa 14 percent of all profits. … IG Farben was founded in December 1925 as a merger of six companies: BASF (27.4 percent of equity capital); Bayer (27.4 percent); Hoechst, including Cassella and Chemische Fabrik Kalle (27.4 percent); Agfa (9 percent); Chemische Fabrik Griesheim-Elektron (6.9 percent); and Chemische Fabrik vorm. Weiler Ter Meer (1.9 percent). The supervisory board members became widely known as, and were said to call themselves jokingly, the “Council of Gods” (Rat der Götter). The designation was used as the title of an East German film, The Council of the Gods (1950).” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IG_Farben#Foundation “Ciba, Geigy, and Sandoz collectively constituted the entire chemical industry of Switzerland. In 1918 the three companies joined together to form a cartel, the Interessengemeinschaft Basel (“Basel Syndicate”), or Basel IG, in order to compete with the German chemical cartel IG Farben. All three companies also established or acquired factories in various European countries and in the United States. In 1929–32 the Basel IG joined with IG Farben and French and British chemical firms to form the Quadrapartite Cartel, which lasted until the outbreak of World War II in 1939. Though each participant in the cartel retained its legal autonomy, the companies, by signed agreement, entered into a division of markets and some joint manufacturing.”
“Staff of the Bayer group at IG Farben conducted medical experiments on concentration-camp inmates at Auschwitz and at the Mauthausen concentration camp. At Auschwitz they were led by Bayer employee Helmuth Vetter, an Auschwitz camp physician and SS captain, and Auschwitz physicians Friedrich Entress and Eduard Wirths. Most of the experiments were conducted in Birkenau in Block 20, the women’s camp hospital. The patients were suffering from, and in many cases had been deliberately infected with, typhoid, tuberculosis, diphtheria and other diseases, then were given preparations named Rutenol, Periston, B-1012, B-1034, B-1036, 3582 and P-111. According to prisoner-physicians who witnessed the experiments, after being given the drugs the women would experience circulation problems, bloody vomiting, and painful diarrhea ‘containing fragments of muscus membrane’. Of the 50 typhoid sufferers given 3852, 15 died; 40 of the 75 tuberculosis patients given Rutenol died.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IG_Farben#Medical_experiments
“The various vaccines which were to be tried out came first of all from the Behring Works, secondly, from the I.G.Farben Works, and were mostly concerned with chemo-therapeuticals.”
“Q. And can you tell the Tribunal approximately how many people died from the typhus experiments, as distinguised from the so-called passage experiments.
A. That varied from case to case, it varied very much. There was one series of experiments with a unique therapeutical preparation from I.G, Farben and a series of experiments in which among the persons, who were immunized, nearly as many died as among the so-called control persons; in a concrete case there were 56.5% among the control persons. Among the immunized persons, who had been treated with this agent, before they were injected and since it was a chemical therapeutical agent, after the injection 53.3% or 53.4%. If there were twenty persons in each series, twenty more immunized control persons, twenty who were treated with this agent and twenty persons who were vaccinated with another agent, so that a comparison could be made, then in each group of twenty people, more than ten died.
Q. Would you say that the total number of persons who died as a result cf the typhus experiments would exceed one hundred? A. As far as I can recall the total number of deaths from typhus experiments in Buchenwald, not including the passage persons, was between 150 and 160.” PAGE 1,182 http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transcripts/1-transcript-for-nmt-1-medical-case?seq=1199&q=Vaccine+Farben+ “As an avowed opponent of National Socialism, Eugen Kogon was arrested in 1936 and again in March 1937 in Germany by the Gestapo, who accused him of working for anti-Nazi forces outside the Reich, among other things. Specifically, Kogon had supported political refugees with money. After the annexation of Austria followed in March, the third arrest in September 1939, the deportation to the concentration camp Buchenwald. With interruptions during which he was transferred to a Gestapo prison in Vienna, Kogon was detained here until the camp was liberated. In Buchenwald, Kogon became a physician clerk of the concentration camp doctor Erwin Ding-Schuler, who directed the spotted fever test station in the Buchenwald concentration camp, on the advice of Otto Kipp and Ferdinand Römhild in May 1943. … As a witness to the indictment, Kogon testified in early January 1947 in the Nuremberg medical trial and in late April 1947 in the trial against those responsible for the economic and administrative main office of the SS. At the beginning of April 1947, he witnessed the indictment in the main Buchenwald trial , which took place as part of the Dachau trial .” https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugen_Kogon http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/documents/656-letter-to-behringwerke-ig?q=Farben#p.1 http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/documents/657-letter-to-behringwerke-ig?q=Farben#p.1
“He conducted human medical experimentation at Auschwitz, along with Helmut Vetter and Eduard Wirths, where he operated in ‘Block 21’ and was paid by the Bayer pharmaceutical subsidiary of IG Farben to test experimental drugs against typhus and tuberculosis (TB).” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Entress https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Vetter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Wirths
“In the early 1980s Günther Schwarberg named a set of child victims: his reconstruction the life histories of the ‘twenty children’ killed after transport from Auschwitz for a tuberculosis immunisation experiment at Neuengamme concentration camp was exemplary.” The victims of unethical human experiments and coerced research under National Socialism, Paul Weindling, Annavon Villiez, Aleksandra Loewenau, Nichola Farron, December 31, 2015 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160932715300235#fn0020
“Tuberculosis Experiments: The Nazis conducted experiments to determine whether there were any natural immunities to Tuberculosis (“TB”) and to develop a vaccination serum against TB. Doctor Heissmeyer sought to disprove the popular belief that TB was an infectious disease. Doctor Heissmeyer claimed that only an ‘exhaustive’ organism was receptive to such infection, most of all the racially “inferior organism of the Jews.” Heissmeyer injected live tubercle bacilli into the subjects’ lungs to immunize against TB. He also removed the lymph glands from the arms of twenty Jewish children. About 200 adult subjects perished, and twenty children were hanged at the Bullenhauser Dam in Heissmeyer’s effort to hide the experiments from the approaching Allied Army.”
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-ethics-of-using-medical-data-from-nazi-experiments 153) “Q. How about the voluntary aspect during such test vaccinations? A. Since I never learned any details about Haagen’s work, I naturally cannot say whether he asked these persons for their permission. In itself it is rather probable that in an endangered atmosphere as was the case in a camp the persons there would undoubtedly volunteer to be vaccinated against typhus. It becomes, however, clearly apparent from the correspondence that the experimental subjects wore somehow or other designated. Obviously that can be explained by saying that one could not from the start determine how strong the vaccination reaction would be. I personally would not have any misgivings in forcing people to submit to such vaccination, because in the German Health System we are quite used to the compulsory application of vaccinations of human beings. We have legal compulsion in the case of smallpox vaccination. In the case of the Wehrmacht we have the protective vaccinations against typhus, cholera, and so forth, which are compulsory on the basis of a directive, and we have the same thing on the basis of the labor service. Nobody could withdraw from any such vaccination by refusal.” PAGE 6,289 http://nuremberg.law.harvard.edu/transcripts/1-transcript-for-nmt-1-medical-case?seq=6432 “Gerhard August Heinrich Rose (November 30, 1896 in Danzig – January 13, 1992 in Obernkirchen) was a German expert on tropical medicine. Participating in Nazi human experimentation at Dachau and Buchenwald, he infected Jews, Romani people, and the mentally ill with malaria and typhus. Sentenced to life in prison, he was released in 1953. … Between 1941 and 1942 Rose tested for IG Farben industry, (Leverkusen), new antimalarials. Malaria experiments with the participation of Rose are documented for the Saxon country-sanatorium Arnsdorf. By July 1942 altogether 110 patients were infected by mosquito bites. In a first test series with 49 people, four people died. The experiments in Arnsdorf fell in the time of Nazi medical murders, the Aktion T4. Subjects were transferred to other institutions and killed there. According to the company, Rose sought out one of the main organizers of the action T4, Viktor Brack, and received a promise that his subjects were to be excluded from the transfers. Rose stood still in conjunction with his predecessor Claus Schilling. From January 1942 human experiments were conducted in Dachau concentration camp to develop a vaccine against malaria … He had assumed that the experiments in the Buchenwald concentration camp “should be carried out to criminals sentenced to death.” This was contradicted by the charged as a witness in Nuremberg former inmate Eugen Kogon (1903-1987).” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Rose
154) “Baumslag explores in impressive detail how typhus was characterised by Nazis as the Jewish plague. Those who suffered from it were killed in huge numbers or isolated in unsanitary conditions, with inadequate food and medicine. In the concentration camps, typhus was allowed to flourish and prisoners were deliberately infected with the disease to test typhus vaccines.”
Nazi medicine and the ethics of human research, Julia Neuberger, www.thelancet.com Vol 366 September 3, 2005 https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(05)67199-1.pdf
155) “Yes, of course Donald Trump is calling coronavirus the ‘China virus’ for political reasons”, Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large, March 20, 2020, https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/donald-trump-china-virus-coronavirus/index.html
156) https://nazihumanexperiments.weebly.com/nuremberg-code.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Code
159) Infant mortality rates regressed against number of vaccine doses routinely given: Is there a biochemical or synergistic toxicity? Neil Z Miller and Gary S Goldman, Hum Exp Toxicol. 2011 Sep; 30(9): 1420–1428. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/
See also: “Vaccines – are they the solution or the problem?” https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=74&v=Q0H9jaVIEwM&feature=emb_logo
“Most people fail to realize all vaccines carry a list of ingredients that typically increase human disease and death (i.e., morbidity and mortality). These include toxic elements and chemicals such as mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde and formalin (used to preserve corpses), MSG, foreign genetic material, and risky proteins from various species of bacteria, viruses, and animals that have been scientifically associated with triggering autoimmune disorders and certain cancers. A growing body of scientific evidence strongly suggests vaccines are largely responsible for increasing cases of autism and other learning disabilities, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Lupus, MS, ALS, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, hay fever, allergies, chronic draining ear infections, type 1 autoimmune diabetes, and many, many more pandemics. These chronic ailments are said to require long-term medical care for the patients’ management causing toxic side effects resulting in America’s leading killer–iatrogenic disease. That is, vaccines and other pharmaceutical industry inventions are literally killing or disabling millions with little effort on the part of government officials and their drug industry cohorts to arrest this scourge.” Dr. Len Horowitz Debunks Avian Flu Hysteria Campaign http://www.whale.to/a/horowitz5.html
“Children Who Get Flu Vaccine Have Three Times Risk Of Hospitalization For Flu, Study Suggests” https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090519172045.htm
160) Dr. Alvin H. Moss, M.D. | Full Testimony (West Virginia Senate Education Committee), Mar 22, 2017, beginning at 17:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDhv-MzHlHo&list=LLrImD_CcM4X7vqB1QVyrkow&index=195
161) Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries Of Official Statistics https://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/
162) “When evaluating VAERS data, it is important to understand the strengths and limitations. VAERS data contain both coincidental events and those truly caused by vaccines. … It is generally not possible to find out from VAERS data if a vaccine caused the adverse event.” https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html
“An AEFI is defined as any untoward medical occurrence that follows immunization but that does not necessarily have a causal relationship with the administration of the vaccine. The adverse event may be a sign, symptom or defined illness.”
Vaccine safety surveillance in Canada: Reports to CAEFISS, 2017, K Johnson, H Anyoti, C Coulby, Volume 44-12, December 6, 2018: Adult immunization https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/reports-publications/canada-communicable-disease-report-ccdr/monthly-issue/2018-44/issue-12-december-6-2018/article-4-vaccine-safety-in-canada-2017.html
163) “’Vaccine Court’ is neither swift nor generous. At the conference Wayne Rohde, author of The Vaccine Court: The Dark Truth of America’s Vaccine Injury Compensation Program and father of a 21-year-old who was injured by vaccines at 13 months, explained that the process is ‘litigious and highly adversarial.’ It can take up 4–10 years before a decision is reached or the case dismissed. A government-commissioned study by Harvard researchers found that only 1% of injuries and deaths from vaccines are actually reported to VAERS! (in other words 99% of injuries and deaths go unreported.) And many healthcare personnel don’t even know about it, much less the requirement to submit reports to it. In 30+ years, no safety studies have been submitted to HHS, a lawsuit found.” http://www.holisticgps.com/why-we-need-to-know-about-vaccine-court-aka-secret-court-and-what-mn-lawmakers-are-doing-about-it/
164) “The Office of Special Masters of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, popularly known as ‘vaccine court’, administers a no-fault system for litigating vaccine injury claims.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vaccine_Injury_Compensation_Program “Canada is one of only two G20 nations that does not have a national vaccine injury compensation program. … Quebec is the only province that offers such a program. … Canadians can’t get compensation for injuries through a court of law because judges cannot rule that someone was at fault in these cases due to the way Canadian law is written. … Canadians can’t bring a class action suit against a vaccine manufacturer in Canada because Canada has passed legislation protecting manufacturers from being sued.” https://vaccineinjurycompensationcanada.weebly.com/
165) A SHOT IN THE DARK, Harris L. Coulter & Barbara Loe Fisher, Avery Publishing Group, Garden City Park, New York, 1991, pp. 137-138
166) L’affaire Wakefield: Shades of Dreyfus & BMJ’s Descent into Tabloid Science, October 30, 2017 https://ahrp.org/laffaire-wakefield-shades-of-dreyfus-bmjs-descent-into-tabloid-science/?fbclid=IwAR3JtUwoSHIXo0jvVINRnMtZeydfEKQdFszag7nkV2Y9Ihx3N667BeX6ffo 167) Dr. Andrew Wakefield Defends His Research On MMR Vaccine And Autism, Mar 11, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMkDWBWFPoI&fbclid=IwAR06hOJom_ztK0_4-WSmpuChHQPRyo28C3rZR-2WyCSJOnEySEipFd0emto
168) “The startlingly high cost of the ‘free’ flu shot”, PHIL GALEWITZ NOVEMBER 21, 2019 https://www.salon.com/2019/11/21/the-startlingly-high-cost-of-the-free-flu-shot_partner/
Chinese Authorities Are Now Dragging People From Their Homes & Placing Them In Quarantine Camps • Feb 9, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=_3ZovsudheQ&feature=emb_logo
171) A Wuhan “hospital”: No washrooms. No doctors. Just places people go to wait to die … no wonder people don’t want to go there: “Inside Fangcang Hospital in Wuhan: No Doctors in Three Days” Feb 6, 2020, Jennifer Zeng’s Vlog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEM5ULdG-7w&fbclid=IwAR2m-O8Z4rTL_O4cKF9JUvWd-ncSO3HYqM4asfdhzc4jMxZZK5J8zNgE1r0
172) ‘Coronavirus stabilising infection rate is not a sign of relief’ experts warn | DW News • Feb 9, 2020
173) https://hoodsite.com/china-authorities-welding-doors-shut-of-apartment-buildings-with-residents-inside-to-impose-coronavirus-quarantine Another Leaked Video Chinese WELDING SHUT apartment buildings residents inside, 89,889 views •Feb 8, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=XJTDeh88hww&feature=emb_logo
Chinese authorities welding shut apartments with people inside to enforce quarantine, Feb 10, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meRUCxlleUc&feature=emb_logo
174) As the crisis expands across the country, Xu Zhangrun, a law professor from one of the country’s top universities, lambasted the government under Xi in an essay titled: Viral Alarm, When Fury Overcomes Fear. In it, Xu blamed the current national crisis on a culture of suppression and “systemic impotence” that Xi has created. The virus has now killed more than 1,000 people inside China. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/coronavirus-outspoken-academic-blames-xi-jinping-for-catastrophe-sweeping-china
“The cause of all of this lies with The Axelrod and the cabal that surrounds him,” Xu writes, referring to Xi, according to a translation of the article by historian Geremie Barmé published on Monday by the website ChinaFile. “It is a system that turns every natural disaster into an even greater man-made catastrophe. The coronavirus epidemic has revealed the rotten core of Chinese governance; the fragile and vacuous heart of the jittering edifice of state has thereby shown up as never before.” “Coronavirus: outspoken academic blames Xi Jinping for ‘catastrophe’ sweeping China – Xu Zhangrun says culture of suppression and ‘systemic impotence’ have created the crisis that has killed more than 1,000 people” https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/11/coronavirus-outspoken-academic-blames-xi-jinping-for-catastrophe-sweeping-china?fbclid=IwAR2H3AcBA1MOHE29Fsq83kjnXvKAXd7AtQD8trHT2_Q2aBJNx_EqSdWoNmA 175) “The death of a doctor and whistleblower at the front line of China’s fight against the Wuhan coronavirus has united the country in anger and grief. Social networks are flooded with candle emoji mourning 34-year-old Li Wenliang, people are making cryptic references to the Chernobyl disaster and Les Misérables, and there are even loud calls for free speech. In short, China’s coronavirus has its first martyr.”
“China’s coronavirus might be the crisis Beijing can’t detain, spend, or censor away”, February 8, 2020, Isabella Steger, Asia deputy editor https://qz.com/1798859/chinese-doctors-coronavirus-death-unites-country-in-anger/?fbclid=IwAR3gO5kpTPVL7YdrQmBzdkL2EmRYxbtJVmcHpAw-DKLxSsHiZWl2IGFj7Mk
“China Silences Critics Over Deadly Virus Outbreak” Li Yuan, Jan. 22, 2020 https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/health/virus-corona.html
176) Chinese video journalist Chen Qiushi, who covered coronavirus, missing in Wuhan, February 10, 2020 https://cpj.org/2020/02/chinese-video-journalist-chen-qiushi-who-covered-c.php?fbclid=IwAR293gNw8LRYS7l-44wxaSgD_geYha-ZVRR_gdc3qu62g5Mg7zRkrBPKluA
179) China Is Censoring Coronavirus Stories. These Citizens Are Fighting Back. | NYT News, Feb 24, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5fsidSOJMw https://thediplomat.com/2020/03/why-chinas-covid-19-disinformation-campaign-isnt-working-in-taiwan/?fbclid=IwAR3XbZ6KeG3DM6RShG3SmV-j2kuKQV7KGR3h-ajBDQGeDfJ9kOfZ05_FD1w https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-coronavirus-doctor-whistleblower-journalists-beijing-a9427946.html?fbclid=IwAR2gPeSeOZvqqrK-hIjOW-cdG_Y1-Fo65f64_S8Qs2d7Ar7NsdlzPQTq9kA
180) “China’s coronavirus recovery is ‘all fake,’ whistleblowers and residents claim”, Kathryn Krawczyk,The Week•March 6, 2020 https://news.yahoo.com/chinas-coronavirus-recovery-fake-whistleblowers-191300391.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=fb Lies!!! Wuhan Virus is not defeated!, March 2nd, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFoS-M4uF0 https://www.vox.com/2020/3/26/21184238/coronavirus-china-authoritarian-system-democracy?fbclid=IwAR1F6N2cJCYr0cXsMy39r5zlMXveBJEQf-gsB5stXyO2PJ3wHapMjvdc_rM
181) “China: internal resistance to bio-police state”, February 15, 2020 Bill Weinberg https://countervortex.org/blog/china-internal-resistance-to-bio-police-state/?fbclid=IwAR0sQnNNRJ-bspUVo-UTh4VIFcijeH3eLxx3JFoMmZBlxjGlcOYzEEOfg48
182) “Italy calls in military to enforce coronavirus lockdown as 627 people die in 24 hours”, Valentina Di Donato, Nicola Ruotolo and Laura Smith-Spark, CNN, March 20, 2020 https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/europe/italy-military-coronavirus-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR38HTZJKfPIz2YpgixgzLhtWeTpcr_dCsgO1GKQauGZIotI9KsdMTj22o4
183) “The ban, which does not apply to families, would be take effect on March 23 until the Easter holidays around April 19, and violators could expect fines up to 25,000 EUR (26,908.75 USD,) Laschet said. “ https://www.businessinsider.com/germany-ban-2-or-more-people-new-coronavirus-rules-2020-3
184) “There are no tanks in the street. There’s no need. Israel is in near-total lockdown. The populace is already terrified. The coronavirus has imposed a 24-hour curfew, which is only slated to tighten.” https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-americans-beware-trump-could-emulate-netanyahu-s-coronavirus-coup-1.8694701
185) “Critics in Israel say Netanyahu using coronavirus as pretext for massive power grab”, NOGA TARNOPOLSKY MARCH 18, 2020 https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-18/israel-coronavirus-netanyahu https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-gantz-agree-to-discuss-emergency-government-to-combat-coronavirus/
188) “Coronavirus: California prepared to enact martial law if its a ‘necessity’, governor says”, Danielle Zoellner, 18 March 2020 https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-california-martial-law-shelter-in-place-lockdown-army-a9410256.html
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023?fbclid=IwAR0v01TvrWqmAejxXQm1hGvQZxGV6vSqrT-BntInc-ASxDqzKD2YoJQK0pQ See also: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/03/19/coronavirus-reality-check-yes-us-and-eu-governments-will-track-our-phones-get-used-to-it/?fbclid=IwAR0eHeOWZmNxy7341mRifGXNMpsMdJIKBIPSPM4d1fLE90NAmf8n84QLbpk#434227a71274 https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonchandler/2020/03/23/coronavirus-could-infect-privacy-and-civil-liberties-forever/?fbclid=IwAR3WyN-_jDaSdPWsZjD7LqUybmoiwOsownAqW6eKDJqcwJVmdIBYydoF0GU#3de24638365d
191) “NY nurse who spoke about shortage of PPE gets personnel warning”, Brendan J. Lyons, March 22, 2020 https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NY-nurse-who-spoke-about-shortage-of-PPE-gets-15149079.php?utm_medium=referral&cmpid=fbsocialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR2ufAAQxBGniu5rZkJV1oYSkk3rJtoGXMCH2das5dd2jBl0uMsRMCSdQW4
196) “The Report from Iron Mountain is a book published in 1967 (during the Johnson Administration) by Dial Press which puts itself forth as the report of a government panel. The book includes the claim it was authored by a Special Study Group of fifteen men whose identities were to remain secret and that it was not intended to be made public. It details the analyses of a government panel which concludes that war, or a credible substitute for war, is necessary if governments are to maintain power. The book was a New York Times bestseller and has been translated into fifteen languages. Controversy still swirls over whether the book was a satiric hoax about think-tank logic and writing style or the product of a secret government panel. The document is a favorite among conspiracy theorists, who reject the statement made in 1972 by satirist Leonard Lewin that the book was a spoof and that he was its author.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Report_from_Iron_Mountain https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP88-01350R000200370012-1.pdf https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_ironmountain0.htm
197) The document itself is here: http://www.population-security.org/28-APP2.html and the part where they talk about using starvation to cull the population of the world (instead of using feminism and socialism to reduce population growth to zero as has been successful in countries such as Italy and Japan) can be found in Part Two: Policy Recommendations: “Would food be considered an instrument of national power? Will we be forced to make choices as to whom we can reasonably assist, and if so, should population efforts be a criterion for such assistance? Is the U.S. prepared to accept food rationing to help people who can’t/won’t control their population growth?” http://www.population-security.org/28-APP2B.html#II-C During the same administration, in 1969, the same people were considering biological weapons as a way to deal with problem populations, and the Defense Department was asked to look into it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Study_Memorandum_200
202) AN AMERICAN PLAGUE – THE TRUE AND TERRIFYING STORY OF THE YELLOW FEVER EPIDEIMIC OF 1793, Jim Murphy, Scholastic, INC, New York, 2003, p. 17
203) Ibid, pp. 21-23
204) Ibid, p. 25
205) Ibid, pp. 27, 31 See also: “In fact, camphor is a class-A mosquito repellent. According to many users it’s the best remedy the know.” https://bugofff.com/how-to-keep-your-home-mosquito-free/
208) Ibid, p. 28
209) Ibid, p. 36
210) Ibid, p. 38
212) Ibid, pp. 47-55
213) Ibid, p. 84
214) “No, Dean Koontz did not predict the coronavirus in a 1981 novel”, Harmeet Kaur, CNN, March 13, 2020 https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/us/dean-koontz-novel-coronavirus-debunk-trnd/index.html
217) “Event 201 was a 3.5-hour pandemic tabletop exercise that simulated a series of dramatic, scenario-based facilitated discussions, confronting difficult, true-to-life dilemmas associated with response to a hypothetical, but scientifically plausible, pandemic. 15 global business, government, and public health leaders were players in the simulation exercise that highlighted unresolved real-world policy and economic issues that could be solved with sufficient political will, financial investment, and attention now and in the future. The exercise consisted of pre-recorded news broadcasts, live “staff” briefings, and moderated discussions on specific topics. These issues were carefully designed in a compelling narrative that educated the participants and the audience. The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, World Economic Forum, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation jointly propose these recommendations. … When/where: Friday, October 18, 2019
8:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m, The Pierre hotel, New York, NY. Audience: An invitation-only audience of nearly 130 people attended the exercises, and a livestream of the event was available to everyone. Video coverage is available here.” http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about
Event 201 Pandemic Exercise: Highlights Reel 245,285 views •Nov 4, 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=AoLw-Q8X174&feature=emb_logo “All news sources have similarly neglected or concealed the coronavirus preparedness conference held in October, 2019, titled “Event 201” suspiciously predicting virtually all of the events occurring two months later following the actual release of the bioweapon.” /content/images/wordpress/2020/02/Letter-to-White-House-Officials-Feb-10-2020-w-Exhibits.pdf
221) Futurism.com mentioned it.
The Nigeria website “The Nation” mentioned it. https://thenationonlineng.net/the-invisible-enemy-coronavirus-is-the-world-under-a-hybrid-war-attack/
The Pakistani website “Global Village Space” mentioned it. https://www.globalvillagespace.com/will-bill-gates-be-the-first-person-to-invent-covid-vaccine/
These other websites mentioned it as well: https://ahtribune.com/world/3964-global-pandemic.html
225) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/audio/2020-03-04/event-201-preparing-for-a-pandemic-audio – at 6:59 of the audio.
228) Coronavirus: Ukraine protesters attack buses carrying China evacuees 21 February 2020 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51581805
229) “How the coronavirus has deepened human rights abuses in China Rights groups concerned about arbitrary detention, crackdown on freedom of speech and lack of access to information”, Mia Swart 12 Mar 2020 https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/cloneofcloneofcoronavirus-deepened-human-right-200312074518781.html “Coronavirus pandemic and protests create dual dilemma for mainland Chinese living in Hong Kong”, Mar 12, 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLrwKpd2QQ
231) “Governments and the private sector should assign a greater priority to developing methods to combat mis- and disinformation prior to the next pandemic response. Governments will need to partner with traditional and social media companies to research and develop nimble approaches to countering misinformation. This will require developing the ability to flood media with fast, accurate, and consistent information. Public health authorities should work with private employers and trusted community leaders such as faith leaders, to promulgate factual information to employees and citizens. Trusted, influential private-sector employers should create the capacity to readily and reliably augment public messaging, manage rumors and misinformation, and amplify credible information to support emergency public communications. National public health agencies should work in close collaboration with WHO to create the capability to rapidly develop and release consistent health messages. For their part, media companies should commit to ensuring that authoritative messages are prioritized and that false messages are suppressed including though the use of technology.” http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/recommendations.html 232) http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about
235) “Bill Gates: The next outbreak? We’re not ready” Apr 3, 2015, @ 4:18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI See also: https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/fic64q/bill_gates_warned_us_about_how_we_are_not_ready/
What Bill Gates is afraid of https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6Af6b_wyiwI&feature=emb_logo
236) “Gates has credited the generosity and extensive philanthropy of David Rockefeller as a major influence. Gates and his father met with Rockefeller several times, and their charity work is partly modeled on the Rockefeller family‘s philanthropic focus, whereby they are interested in tackling the global problems that are ignored by governments and other organizations. As of 2007, Bill and Melinda Gates were the second-most generous philanthropists in America, having given over $28 billion to charity; the couple plan to eventually donate 95% of their wealth to charity. The foundation is organized into four program areas: Global Development Division, Global Health Division, United States Division, and Global Policy & Advocacy Division. The foundation supports the use of genetically modified organisms in agricultural development. Specifically, the foundation is supporting the International Rice Research Institute in developing Golden Rice, a genetically modified rice variant used to combat vitamin A deficiency. The goal of the foundation is to provide 120 million women and girls, in the poorest countries, with high-quality contraceptive information and services, with the longer-term goal of universal access to voluntary family planning. In 2007, the Los Angeles Times criticized the foundation for investing its assets in companies that have been accused of worsening poverty, pollution and pharmaceutical firms that do not sell to developing countries. Although the foundation announced a review of its investments to assess social responsibility, it was subsequently canceled and upheld its policy of investing for maximum return, while using voting rights to influence company practices.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates#Philanthropy 237) https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/billionaire-club-in-bid-to-curb-overpopulation-d2fl22qhl02 238) “The Eugenics Record Office (ERO), located in Cold Spring Harbor, New York, United States, was a research institute that gathered biological and social information about the American population, serving as a center for eugenics and human heredity research from 1910 to 1939. … The ERO was financed primarily by Mary Harriman (widow of railroad baron E. H. Harriman), the Rockefeller family, and then the Carnegie Institution until 1939.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_Record_Office
“Beginning in 1930 the Rockefeller Foundation provided financial support to the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics, which later inspired and conducted eugenics experiments in the Third Reich. The Rockefeller Foundation funded Nazi racial studies even after it was clear that this research was being used to rationalize the demonizing of Jews and other groups. Up until 1939 the Rockefeller Foundation was funding research used to support Nazi racial science studies at the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics (KWIA.) Reports submitted to Rockefeller did not hide what these studies were being used to justify, but Rockefeller continued the funding and refrained from criticizing this research so closely derived from Nazi ideology. The Rockefeller Foundation did not alert “the world to the nature of German science and the racist folly” that German anthropology promulgated, and Rockefeller funded, for years after the passage of the 1935 Nuremberg racial laws. The Rockefeller Foundation, along with the Carnegie Institution, was the primary financier for the Eugenics Record Office, until 1939.”
239) “Established in 1952 by John D. Rockefeller III, with important funding from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Council is governed by an international board of trustees.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_Council
“The motivation for John D. Rockefeller’s interest in population issues eluded many of his closest associates and advisors. It grew out of his humanity and his concern for the well-being of all people. Indeed, he took a broad view of ‘population control’ as a means to address poverty and economic development rather than as an end in itself. His first public undertaking came in 1952, when he initiated the convocation of the Conference on Population Problems, in Williamsburg, Va. The discussion took up food supply, industrial development, depletion of natural resources, and political instability resulting from unchecked population growth. The presence of medical doctors, chemists, geologists, economists, and other scientists gave serious weight and prominent attention to the emerging and unrecognized facts of demographic change. Soon after this conference, Rockefeller established the Population Council. From philanthropic funds at his disposal, he provided $1 million within the first year of operations.” https://www.prb.org/johndrockefeller3rdstatesmanandfounderofthepopulationcouncil/
241) “Trump initially referred to media coverage of the outbreak as a ‘hoax’ before banning travel from China, where the virus originated, and claiming it had been nearly vanquished on US soil. But the US response has been hobbled by the administration’s rejection of standard WHO testing kits, instead opting to develop its own, which turned out to be faulty.” https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/24/coronavirus-america-donald-trump-crisis
250) The National for Sunday, March 8 — Repatriating Canadian cruise ship passengers, CBC News @ 12:22: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHDRoQuduUY
252) “… asymptomatic infection appears possible (as shown in one of our patients) …” A familial cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: a study of a family cluster, Jasper Fuk-Woo Chan, MD, Shuofeng Yuan, PhD, Kin-Hang Kok, PhD, Kelvin Kai-Wang To, MD, Hin Chu, PhD, Jin Yang, MD et al., January 24, 2020 https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30154-9/fulltext?fbclid=IwAR0B1wG2rPu6cfgg4hZ6f_S_o4xEqwFzMK0uc96GDAC7i_rNTO4J2sbdrqc#%20
254) “The Coronavirus Pandemic Forces Leaders To Decide: Save Lives Or The Economy?”
255) World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/67/12/1026/4605229
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Scientists%27_Warning_to_Humanity256) ‘Hey Bill Nye, What’s the Best Way to Handle Overpopulation?’ Big Think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NcfqRYqXOo
257) “Hemp Can Still Save the World” David Malmo-Levine, January 29, 2020
258) Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavirus reinfection even deadlier Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack, Jules Quartly, Taiwan News, Contributing Writer, 2020/02/14 https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197
259) COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 19) – February Update – causes, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology, Osmosis, @ 8:26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eup3_i_5uaw
262) COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 19) – February Update – causes, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology, Osmosis, @ 8:26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eup3_i_5uaw
263) “Three participants died of side effects thought to be related to treatment—two in the ZMapp group and one in the remdesivir group.”
264) COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 19) – February Update – causes, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology, Osmosis, @ 8:26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eup3_i_5uaw
266) “Hypotension and electrocardiographic changes. … This manifests itself as either conduction disturbances (bundle-branch block, atrioventricular block) or cardiomyopathy – often with hypertrophy, restrictive physiology, and congestive heart failure. The changes may be irreversible. Only two cases have been reported requiring heart transplantation, suggesting this particular risk is very low. Electron microscopy of cardiac biopsies show pathognomonic cytoplasmic inclusion bodies.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine#Adverse_effects 267) http://www.herbmuseum.ca/content/quinine-ethylcarbonate-euquinine
270) Quinine: not a safe drug for treating nocturnal leg cramps David B. Hogan, MD, CMAJ. 2015 Mar 3; 187(4): 237–238.
271) “We have just been sent a medical alert that no one is to use anti inflammatories (eg I brufen, Voltarol, naproxen and there are others) for pain or high temperature. Use paracetamol instead. There seems to be a link between severe cases of covid19 affecting young people with no underlying illnesses and taking anti inflammatories. Initial reports started coming from French Drs on Friday. This has been confirmed by infectious diseases consultants here – there are 4 young people in ICU in Cork who have no underlying illnesses – all were taking anti inflammatories and there are concerns this has caused a more severe illness. We have been asked to spread the message. French tv and radio apparently broadcast the same warning today … From John Greenwood’s niece…Consultant Pediatrician in London. Pls pass on.”
272) Cannabinoids and Viral Infections, Carol Shoshkes Reiss, Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2010 Jun; 3(6): 1873–1886. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2903762/
273) Cannabidiol improves lung function and inflammation in mice submitted to LPS-induced acute lung injury. Ribeiro A1, Almeida VI, Costola-de-Souza C, Ferraz-de-Paula V, Pinheiro ML, Vitoretti LB, Gimenes-Junior JA, Akamine AT, Crippa JA, Tavares-de-Lima W, Palermo-Neto J., Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2015 Feb;37(1):35-41. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25356537
Cannabidiol provides long-lasting protection against the deleterious effects of inflammation in a viral model of multiple sclerosis: a role for A2A receptors. Mecha M1, Feliú A, Iñigo PM, Mestre L, Carrillo-Salinas FJ, Guaza C., Neurobiol Dis. 2013 Nov;59:141-50.
274) Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects, Ethan B Russo, Br J Pharmacol. 2011 Aug; 163(7): 1344–1364.
282) Small, Ernest (2016), “Chapter 9: Essential oil”, Cannabis: A Complete Guide, CRC Press
283) INFORMATION FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS Cannabis (marihuana, marijuana) and the cannabinoids, Health Canada, Oct. 2018 https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/hc-sc/documents/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/information-medical-practitioners/information-health-care-professionals-cannabis-cannabinoids-eng.pdf
287) The cardiac and haemostatic effects of dietary hempseed, Delfin Rodriguez-Leyva, Grant N Pierce, Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010; 7: 32. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2868018/
290) Rapunzel, Sarah Gibb, 2011, based on the original story by The Brothers Grimm, 1812, HarperCollins Children’s Books, printed in China, p. 2
291) Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition, Sissi Wachtel-Galor and Iris F. F. Benzie, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92773/
292) The growing use of herbal medicines: issues relating to adverse reactions and challenges in monitoring safety, Martins Ekor, Front Pharmacol. 2013; 4: 177. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3887317/
294) Shuang-Huang-Lian injection induces an immediate hypersensitivity reaction via C5a but not IgE Yuan Gao, Rui Hou, Yixin Han, Qiaoling Fei, Runlan Cai & Yun Qi Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 3572 (2018) https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-21843-7
See also: The Essential Book of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Vol. 2: Clinical Practice, Liu Yanchi, Columbia University, New York, 1988, p. 256
295) “Lonicera japonica, known as Japanese honeysuckle and golden-and-silver honeysuckle, is a species of honeysuckle native to eastern Asia. It is often grown as an ornamental plant, but has become an invasive species in a number of countries. Japanese honeysuckle is used in traditional Chinese medicine. … Lonicera japonica contains methyl caffeate, 3,4-di-O-caffeoylquinic acid, methyl 3,4-di-O-caffeoylquinate, protocatechuic acid, methyl chlorogenic acid, and luteolin. The two biflavonoids, 3′-O-methyl loniflavone and loniflavone, along with luteolin and chrysin, can be isolated from the leaves. Other phenolic compounds present in the plant are hyperoside, chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acid. The two secoiridoid glycosides, loniceracetalides A and B, can be isolated, together with 10 known iridoid glycosides, from the flower buds. The plant also contains the saponins loniceroside A and B and the antiinflammatory loniceroside C.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonicera_japonica
296) “Laboratory tests have proven L. japonica … has antibacterial and antiviral qualities …” Healing Plants: A Medicinal Guilde to Native North American Plants and Herbs, Ana Nez Heatherley, Harper Collins, Toronto, 1998, p. 104
297) “Skullcaps are common herbal remedies in systems of traditional medicine. In traditional Chinese medicine they are utilized to “clear away the heat-evil and expel superficial evils”. Scutellaria baicalensis in particular is a common component of many preparations. Its root, known as Radix Scutellariae, is the source of the Chinese medicine Huang Qin. It has been in use for over 2000 years as a remedy for such conditions as hepatitis, diarrhea, and inflammation. It is still in demand today, and marketed in volumes that have led to the overexploitation of the wild plant. Its rarity has led to an increase in price, and encouraged the adulteration of the product with other species of Scutellaria.”
298) “BAICAL SKULLCAP … The drug also lowers blood pressure, has sedative effects on the central nervous system, and is antiseptic against a broad range of germs.” Chinese Herbal Medicine, Daniel P. Reid, Shambhala Puplications, INC., Boston, Massachusetts, 1986, p. 103
299) Forsythia suspensa (Traditional Chinese: 連翹; simplified Chinese: 连翘; pinyin: liánqiáo, weeping forsythia or golden-bell) is a species of flowering plant in the family native to Asia. It is one of the 50 fundamental herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine. It contains the lignans Pinoresinol and phillyrin.
“WEEPING GOLDEN BELL … Similar action as Lonicera japonica; used in combination, their efficacy is greatly enhanced.” Chinese Herbal Medicine, Daniel P. Reid, Shambhala Puplications, INC., Boston, Massachusetts, 1986, p. 99
300) Gao, Y., Hou, R., Han, Y. et al. Shuang-Huang-Lian injection induces an immediate hypersensitivity reaction via C5a but not IgE. Sci Rep 8, 3572 (2018).
301) “When tested as described, Oreganol P73 Extra Strength Formula and Oregacyn at final testing concentrations of 0.1% and 0.01% respectively, inactivated HCoV in direct proportion to exposure time when HCoV was exposed to each test agent for 2, 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes at ambient room temperature. All of the controls met the criteria established for a valid test. These conclusions are based on observed data.”
305) “Other users in the groups have shared fake cures for the virus, Romm reports. On Facebook, a post titled; ‘Oregano Oil Proves Effective Against Coronavirus,’ which linked to a 10-year-old article, was shared at least 2,000 times across multiple Facebook groups by Monday, despite statements from researchers that oregano cannot cure the virus, according to Romm.”
308) Inhibitory effect of grapefruit seed extract (GSE) on avian pathogens Miyuki KOMURA,1 Mayuko SUZUKI,1 Natthanan SANGSRIRATANAKUL,1 Mariko ITO,1 Satoru TAKAHASHI,1 Md. Shahin ALAM,1 Mizuki ONO,1 Chisato DAIO,1 Dany SHOHAM,2 and Kazuaki TAKEHARA1, J Vet Med Sci. 2019 Mar; 81(3): 466–472.
309) https://www.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/turmeric-is-being-touted-as-an-effective-herb-to-keep/article_6f3b697c-633e-11ea-8dd0-930267c416fd.html “Turmeric is commonly used for conditions involving pain and inflammation, such as osteoarthritis.”
312) “29 Jan 2015 – Liberia: Harvard Scientist Lipinski Claims Selenium Can Treat Ebola” https://allafrica.com/stories/201501291709.html
318) Excerpt from “Coca Erythroxylon – It’s Uses In The Treatment Of Disease” by Angelo Mariani, 1885
“Contrary to common opinion, limited EOs possess demonstrated potential as antimicrobial agents. … Due to their high volatility, the effective time of action is limited, and features such as encapsulation could be changed. On the other hand, low toxicity level, as well as their natural origin, makes them an attractive alternative in both the food as well as in cosmetic industries.”
320) “The active ingredients in Vicks VapoRub are Camphor, Eucalyptus and Menthol. For relief of cough, nasal congestion, muscle soreness & pain due to colds. The inactive ingredients in Vicks VapoRub include cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol and turpentine oil.”
“Peppermint has a high menthol content.”
321) “Not only is colloidal silver proven to be effective against anthrax, it has also been proven effective against four more of the most popular pathogenic microorganisms known to be used by terrorists as bio-warfare agents, diphtheria, influenza, whooping cough (pertussis) and typhoid. In fact, all told, colloidal silver is known to be effective against 650 different disease-causing pathogenic microorganisms – reason enough in anyone’s book to have a plentiful supply on hand, especially in light of the trying times ahead.” Bioterrorism: Secrets For Survival, Duncan Long, Life & Health Research Group, Barstow, California, 2000, pp. 83-84
“Colloidal silver chloride is an antiseptic and germicide which even in the most concentrated dispersions causes neither irritation of the mucous membranes nor coagulation of albumin. It does not stain the skin on topical application. Solutions of colloidal silver chloride are intended for prophylaxis and treatment of infections of the accessible mucous membranes, such as the genitourinary tract and the eye, ear, nose and throat.” Colloidal Silver Chloride, The Dispensatory of the United States of America, Osol-Farrar, 24th edition, J. B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1947, p. 1038
“When prepared under suitable conditions and properly ‘protected,’ colloidal silver sol is quite stable even in the presence of salts and of the normal constituents of the blood. Its destructive action on toxins is very marked, so that it will protect rabbits from ten times the lethal dose of tetanic or diphtheric toxin. … Dr. A. G. Auld has obtained encouraging results with colloidal platinum in case of pyrexia, e.g. subacute pleuritis and pneumonic conditions and protracted paratyphoid fever. He found that colloidal silver acted even more intensely than the year-old platinum colloid previously used, and as it is less drastic it is, in every way, preferable.” THE USE OF COLLOIDS IN HEALTH AND DISEASE, ALFRED B. SEARLE, LONDON, CONSTABLE & COMPANY LTD, 1920 https://archive.org/stream/useofcolloidsinh00searuoft/useofcolloidsinh00searuoft_djvu.txt
322) How To Make COLLOIDAL SILVER – The Easy Way Sep 19, 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Ucg5hHdb4
“Many societies use silver as jewelry, ornamentation and fine cutlery. Silver, jewelry, wares and cutlery was considered to impart health benefits to the users. In ancient Indian medical system (Ayurveda) silver has been described as therapeutic agent for many diseases. There is an increasing use of silver as an efficacious antibacterial and antifungal agent in wound care products and medical devices including dental work and catheters.” Silver nanoparticles are broad-spectrum bactericidal and virucidal compounds Humberto H Lara, Elsa N Garza-Treviño, Liliana Ixtepan-Turrent, and Dinesh K Singh J Nanobiotechnology. 2011; 9: 30. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3199605/
324) “Pei pa koa is made up of a blend of herbal ingredients including the fritillary bulb (Bulbus fritillariae cirrhosae, 川貝母), loquat leaf (Eriobotrya japonica, 枇鈀葉), ladybell root (Adenophora stricta, 南沙參), Indian bread (Wolfiporia extensa), 茯苓), pomelo peel (Citrus maxima, 化橘紅), chinese bellflower root (Platycodon grandiflorum, 桔梗), pinellia rhizome (Pinellia ternata, 半夏), Schisandra seed (Schisandra chinensis, 五味子), Trichosanthes seed (Trichosanthes cucumerina, 瓜蔞子), coltsfoot flower (Tussilago farfara, 款冬花), thinleaf milkwort root (Polygala tenuifolia, 遠志), bitter apricot kernel (Prunus armeniaca, 苦杏仁), fresh ginger (Zingiber officinale, 生薑), licorice root (Glycyrrhiza uralensis, 甘草), and menthol in a syrup and honey base.”
325) “Governmental agencies are stepping in to debunk bogus coronavirus cures — including chlorine, garlic or colloidal silver — that are ricocheting around the Internet. The World Health Organization has set up a helpful resource page to bust such myths and is working with social media platforms to flag posts making false claims, so the misleading information can be blocked from news feeds. And the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission sent warning letters on March 9 to seven companies peddling illegal or unapproved drugs.” “Garlic and bleach won’t cure coronavirus. How such myths originated — and why they’re wrong,”, Cara Rosenbloom, March 10, 2020, Washington Post
For more information on COVID-19, please check out the following links:
American College of Cardiology, CLINICAL BULLETIN
COVID-19 Clinical Guidance For the CV Care Team
YOUNG AND UNAFRAID OF THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC? GOOD FOR YOU. NOW STOP KILLING PEOPLE | OPINION, A DOCTOR IN WESTERN EUROPE, 3/11/20, newsweek.com
Mar 18, 2020 – World Timeline: The early days of China’s coronavirus outbreak and cover-up